Wrong Time, Wrong Place

A/N: Hiatus is over! Sorry for such an angsty fic so soon, this is the only completed Gabriel one. Happy Holidays all!

Words: 1200+

Based off the request by who knows because I accidentally deleted it from my inbox like a dumbass¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You were at Bobby's, on your phone before it happened, scrolling through some form of social media. You smiled when you heard the familiar flapping of wings announcing the return of the archangel.

You got up to say hello to Gabriel, but he ignored you and walked straight ahead into the study.

"Gabe? What are you doing?" You asked.

"Lucifer is hot on my trail." Gabriel said, still focused on his work. "I can't let him find you." The archangel snatched some things up and threw them in a bowl. Gabriel dipped his fingers in the red paste, and began to paint symbols on the far window.

You got up and grabbed his arm, trying to stop him. "Gabriel, what the hell?!"

He shoved a bag into your hands. "Everything you'll need. Cash, fake ID, clothes, everything."

"I- I'm leaving?" You could hardly believe what Gabriel was telling you.

"Y/N-"

"You're coming too, right?" You asked. Gabriel wouldn't meet your gaze. "...Right?"

Sigils on the window started to glow as Gabe kissed your forehead. "I'll come get you. I promise."

Tears streamed down your face as you took the duffel bag. Now was the time to say it, now you could confess what you'd been bottling up. "Gabriel I lo-"

Invisible hands grabbed you and pushed you out the window before you could finish. Everything went black.

-_-_-_-_-

You got up and rubbed your head. Shards of glass lay around you like snow. Your arms were covered in small scratches and you were- where were you?

This wasn't outside of Bobby's house. You were off in a field of grass, next to a highway.

Brushing the glass off you, you assumed Gabriel had sent you to another town. Then why not just zap you there?

You started walking towards the closest building. An unlit neon sign read "Rocky Road Motel". The place was fairly small, and not too sketchy. Seemed like a good enough place to stay.

As you walked in, a small  bell on the door notified the woman behind the counter of your presence. She looked to be in her sixties, maybe. A little name-tag on her floral blouse had the name "M. Hudson" on it.

"What can I do for you, dear?" The woman asked.

You rummaged through the duffel-bag Gabriel had given you and pulled out some cash. "Just a room, thanks. One bed."

"Of course, dear." The woman handed you over a key.

"Oh, and Ma'am-"

"It's miss, dear. Miss Hudson will do."

"Miss, if you see a guy come in, about this tall, caramel-brown hair and golden eyes... if he asks for Y/N, can you tell me?" You asked. Gabriel did say he'd come back for you, but you had no idea how long that would take.

Miss Hudson smiled. "Of course."

You took the key and started to walk away before your stomach growled loudly. "Also, do you know anywhere I can get something to eat?"