Winged Without Warning

Waking up with a dagger to your neck is exactly as terrifying as it sounds. Your instincts kick in: it's fight, flight or freeze. You tried to move your arm. You were tied down and handcuffed. That only left freeze.

You froze in two senses. It was the middle of winter and wherever you were being held did NOT have heating. You could see your breath in front of you, coming out in rapid, panicked intervals. You were in some sort of warehouse. Why is it always warehouses? You were tied to a chair, some sort of warding arounf you.

"What the hell are you doing here you son of a bitch?" Someone asked, strutting out of the shadows into your line of vision.

"Dean?" You asked. Dean Winchester was one of your best friends. He wasn't sporting the usual cocky grin on his face, instead he stared like you were something stuck on the bottom of his shoe. "What's going on?"

You looked up to see who was holding the blade. Sam Winchester, the guy you'd trust with your life pressed an angel blade you your neck.

"Why don't you tell us?" Sam asked.

"I have no clue what you're talking about guys!" You coughed. Your voice sounded different but it didn't feel like you had a sore throat. "Why is it so cold in here?" You shivered.

"I thought angels didn't feel the cold." Sam said, lowering the angel blade.

You were confused. "I'm not an angel."

Dean snorted. "Sorry, archangel."

"What? No, I'm human." You told them.

"Since when?" Sam asked.

"Since I was born? What's gotten into you guys?" You replied.

They looked at each other. "Cut the crap Gabriel. Why aren't you dead?" Dean barked.

"Gabriel?" You looked down at your body. Well, not your body. Gabriel's. "That son of a bitch, he didn't."

You'd been hunting with the Winchesters for a few years. You met the Trickster in a coffee shop and had been secretly dating for a year now. This brought your relationship to a whole new level.

"Guys, I'm not Gabriel. It's Y/N." You pleaded.

"Y/N? How do you know Y/N?" Dean demanded.

"We may or may not be dating..." You murmured. 

"WHAT?!" Dean yelled.

"I was gonna tell you guys, but Gabe told me to wait and-" You rambled.

"Enough, why are you pretending to be Y/N?" Sam asked.

"Oh my God, you two are so dense!" You cried. "Fine, I'll prove it. I made a gingerbread house yesterday and you both ruined it! Dean drew little penises on the roof with icing."

Dean laughed before resuming his serious face. "Oh come on, it was funny."

"The last thing I remember was reading in my room before I passed out for no reason." You explained. 

The brothers looked at you before untying you. You got up and crossed the warding without a problem. "It's gonna be a long ride home."

-_-_-_-_-

Once you got back to the bunker, you headed to your room, feeling the brothers' eyes tracking your every move.

You opened you door to find someone lying in your bed. You walked over and yelled. "HEY!"

The figure flipped out and fell off your bed. You blinked and looked down at your body lying on the floor. It looked over at Sam and Dean. "Who the hell is he?"

You rolled your eyes. "Give it up Gabriel, they know about us. Switch us back."

"Aw, cm'on. Just a little bit longer?" He pleaded.

You opened your mouth to speak when your door opened again. "Dean you've got a phone call from Jody Mills..." Castiel walked in. He glanced over at you, then at Gabriel, and at you again. "I'll tell her to call us back."

Gabriel grinned. "Castiel! It's been a while brother."

"Correct me if I'm wrong Y/N, but you didn't have wings yesterday, did you?" Cas asked your body.

You sighed. "Very funny Cas."

"Was it?" Cas asked you hopefully. 

"Gabriel, please switch us back. I have to go pee and I'm not doing it with your body parts.." You pleaded.

His face went red. "Fine." He snapped his fingers. You felt dizzy and the room started to spin. When you opened your eyes again, Gabriel now stood in front of you. "Better?"

"Much. Oh, I was lying about needing the washroom." You got up to leave the room but Dean grabbed your arm.

"Oh, no you don't. You've got some explaining to do." He said.

"Well, that's my cue to leave!" Gabriel said hastily.

"Don't you dare!" You got up and grabbed his arm. There was the sound of flapping wings and Gabriel was gone, leaving you holding onto his coat. You turned to the boys and smiled awkwardly.

Cas crossed his arms over his chest. "We have a lot to talk about."