Eye of the Storm

Words: 1200+

Warnings: Enemies to lovers, mentions of Hell, nightmares

Request(s) by: wild_fire88 and 4evergeek (tumblr)

What was the worst thing a hunter could face? A town full of demons? No. Creatures who had been locked away in Purgatory since the dawn of mankind? No. The devil himself? Close, but no. The worst thing, in your opinion, was the archangel Gabriel.

Spending the day in the bunker with Gabriel? The thought was repulsive. Heinous. Disgusting. Other words from a thesaurus that mean bad. Point was, it would suck.

He wasn't called the trickster for nothing. The little shit pulled pranks around every corner when left unsupervised, most directed at you. Gabriel was an egotistical, dirty-minded, overpowered asshole.

So when Dean proposed the idea of him and Sam going off hunting, and you angel sitting, things quickly got heated.

"I'd rather break my other arm." You scoffed, absentmindedly rubbing your cast.

"Well I'd rather be tied to a chair and be forced to watch paint dry for a week straight." Gabriel replied.

"I'd rather clean Dean's bathroom with a toothbrush after taco night!"

"I'd rather be tied to a car during a demolition derby!"

You and Gabriel went back and forth, listing off things you'd rather do than spend time with each other.

"What's with you and being tied to things? Got a kink, feather duster?" You sneered.

"Yeah, like three in my neck." The archangel answered, tilting his head to the side until a 'crrrik' sound could be heard.

"That's gross." You gagged.

"Don't like the sound, sugar?"

"No, I mean your face from any angle."

Dean stepped in, pushing the two of you back a couple steps. "Alright, that's enough. Cut it out."

"I'd rather cut off his-" You started, still holding your icy glare with Gabriel.

"I said enough!" Dean repeated, louder this time. "It's not like I want to leave you two alone together."

"Then take Y/N with you." Gabe suggested.

"With that broken arm?" Sam said. "No. We can't afford them getting any more hurt."

"I could go if you healed it." You spoke up, moving your right arm slightly. The off-white cast that spread from your palm to halfway up your upper arm felt heavier knowing that you wouldn't be doing much today.

Gabriel scoffed. "And waste what little grace I have after the fall on you? Puh-lease. Just ask Cassy to do it."

"'Cassy' is busy fixing the place you refuse to return to." You told. Castiel was in Heaven, doing his best to repair relationships with the other angels and restore some order.

Gabriel shrugged. "Not my fault upstairs thinks I kicked the bucket."

"Uh, yeah it is!" You cried.

"That's it," Dean muttered. "I'm finding a damn spell to shut you both up."

"Won't be any use. I can read minds, bucko." Gabriel countered. "Archangel, duuhhh." He rolled his amber eyes and pulled a lollipop from his pocket, unwrapping it and sticking it in his mouth.