Cops and Robbers

Short drabble written for Richard's b-day (September 04)

"So you're telling me that my wallet magically found its way into your hands?" The sheriff asked you.

You leaned back in the interview room's chair and shrugged. "Your words, not mine, pal." You shot him a sarcastic smile, the officer returning the favour. "I'd like to speak with my lawyer."

The man across from you scoffed. "You don't have a lawyer."

"I'm entitled to one." You replied, giving the blonde cop your best 'I'm innocent' look.

"Y/N... can I call you Y/N?"

"No."

"Y/N, you've been charged with theft, as well as resisting arrest." The sheriff explained. "So if I were you, I'd 'fess up and get a lighter charge."

"If I were you, I'd loosen the cuffs a little..." You leaned over the table to get a better look at the officer's chest. "...Sheriff Novak. Unless you're into this kind of stuff." You teased.

You were usually an expert at reading people, learning their tells to slide out of sticky situations, but his golden eyes were difficult to fully understand. The corners of Novak's mouth turned upwards and he broke into a grin. "Cheeky. You know what, I'll drop the charges."

"You'll what?!" You asked. He was up to something, cops never just dropped charges that quickly. It usually took a lot more foreplay.

"Ah ah ah! I need something in return." Sheriff Novak grinned.

"Like what, my first born child?"

"Like a date."

You laughed before realising he was being serious. "You're kidding."

Novak raised his hands up in defence. "Nope. One date and you're free to walk."

You pretended to mull it over. "Fine. When will this date be, Novak?"

"Call me Gabriel." The sheriff told you. "And I'll come get you at seven."

You watched Gabriel as he got up from the other end of the table and strode out the interview room. "Uh... Gabriel? I'm still handcuffed to a freaking table over here! Novak? NOVAK!" The door clicked behind him. You slumped down. "Fucking asshole."

At least he was a cute asshole that looked good in a uniform.