Clarity

I run fast as I come to the edge of the shore.

Just do it Emmaliese! I urge myself, stepping into the salty ocean. It comes up to my ankles when millions of thoughts go through my head but only one in particular, I push it out fast and walk out deeper. Its now up to my knees when I start to shake, my lip quivers and I tremble all over. The waves crash ahead of me making my stomach turn.

You have to! I scream in my mind as I trudge so far that the water goes up to my waist. This better work... I duck my head under the warm water and wait for time to pass. Just stay calm and he'll go away. I start to bring my head back up and breath some oxygen when a wave comes crashing down over my head causing me to choke. I realize now that I've gone out too far and I can no longer touch.

"HELP!" I scream as another huge wave crashes over me. I can feel myself being pulled out further and further away from the shore. This wasn't supposed to happen! I thought as I was being dragged out even farther away. Yet maybe its meant to happen...

+++

~ZAYNS POV~

"Zayn what's wrong?" Perrie comes up behind me wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Don't you hear that?" I listen attentively looking out into the fresh ocean water. Perrie gives me a confused look.

"Hear what?" I release from her grasp and walk off of the porch to get a closer look. Stepping onto the sandy shore, I peer out for the person.

"I could have swore I heard someone yell help!" I say angrily kicking the sand with my shoe. Perrie stands behind me and shrugs her shoulders.

"Well if someone did call out for help you wouldn't be able to save them."

"Why is that?"

"Because you can't swim Zayn!" She scoffs.

"Just watch me." I start to untie my shoe lace and take off my socks when Perrie pulls at my arm.

"You aren't seriously going to risk your life trying to save absolutely nothing are you?" She lifts an eyebrow.

"Its called Yolo sweet heart." I chuckle deeply as I step into the water. I know I heard something... And I'm going to take a swim because Zayn Malik can do anything.

+++

~EMMALIESE'S POV~

The water fills in my lungs making my body feel limp. Just when I think I'll give up I hear a muffled voice call out to me. I can hear my heartbeat pounding in my ears causing it hard to make out what the person is saying. He found me. I thought as I began to feel myself being pulled up to surface. My mind is fighting whether or not to open my eyes. I know I should but, I never wanted to see his terrible face again. It would hurt to much to bare...

"Stay with me!" The person yells shakily. This isn't Rein!!! My eyes flutter open to see two people hovering over me. The one who I'm guessing pulled me out onto the shore is a boy in his early twenties and the other person is a girl with a really pretty face and short blond hair. At least I think they look like that... Its too dark and my eyes burn from the water pressure.

"She's awake!" The guy makes eye contact with me and realize that this boy looks really familiar. I just cant put my finger on it yet...

"Lets get you inside." The guy picks me up, I tense under his touch. Then, relax when i remember hes just going to help me.

"Zayn! You cant bring her into your house!" The girl squeals, my head starts to throb like crazy. That name... Is SO familiar!!!

"Perrie! Where else Is she supposed to go? The closest hospital is like two hours away!" The guy named Zayn explains. My thoughts swirl around in my brain and I start arguing with myself again... What if they leave me? The girl named Perrie doesn't want me to stay with her. And trust me, I don't want to stay ether... Speak up for goodness sake!

"If you don't mind I can just walk myself." I put my hand on Zayns chest.

"No, you cant." He speaks as I feel cold air instantly hit against my wet body, I'm guessing were inside.

"Yes she can Zayn, look she even said it herself." Perrie says with annoyance in her voice. I feel my body began to lower onto a soft fabric as Zayn flips on the light switch causing my eyes to dilate like crazy. I blink a few times to get used to the light coming from the lamp and then peer up into the mans eyes that had saved me. My stomach turns and flips when I realize I know him, actually BOTH of them!

"Zayn Malik?" I scrunch my eyebrows up in confusion. "Perrie Edwards?" They look at me with eyes wide. "Oh gosh! Don't freak out, I'm just so shocked." I still am trying to believe the fact that their sitting right in front of me. I rub my forehead with the back of my hand.

"Woo..." I breath in and out while closing my eyes.

"Do you need any medications? Ibuprofen?" Perrie now sounds like she cares for me.

"Ibuprofen please." I keep my eyes closed and push back the pain in my head. I always got migraines for some weird reason, I guess it just runs in my family. Two minutes later Perrie comes back with the Ibuprofen and a glass of water. I smile weakly at her and gulp down the pill.

"Thanks-" I start to say before Zayn cuts me off.

"What where you doing out in the ocean this late anyway?" I close my eyes again and fight back the tears.

"Going out for a night swim." I lie. No! I hate lying...

"By yourself?" Perrie looks at me strange.

"No, I mean yes! For a while... Can we just not talk about it right now?" I pray in my mind that they'll drop the subject but unfortunately why wouldn't they ask me these questions?

"Sure." Zayn surprisingly answers. I relax and slouch back down into the couch.

"Well Imma head home now." Perrie nods and gives Zayn a long passionate kiss before walking back out into the warm summers air. Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards? Theyre a couple right? My stomach starts to hurt for some odd reason.  Then, I shake myself from the memory of them kissing.

"Will you be alright sleeping here tonight?" Zayn asks looking right into my eyes.

"Is that ok?" I bite my lower lip hesitantly. He smiles before answering,"Of course." And with that he turns of the lamp and heads down the hall.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

A/N~ Hey everyone:) This chapter is probably really confusing but it gets better soon ok!

Also.... I want to let y'all know that I did write the story Jinxs but I accidentally forgot my password so now i cant get on that account anymore. LOL sounds allot like me! Hope you guys liked it <3

Oh! And my favorite 1D quote is "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" by-Niall Horan..... It really speaks to me...