17. Never Got The Chance

~ZAYN'S POV~

"Emma?...Yo, Emma?" I snapped my fingers next to her ears but nothing seemed to work. And I have to admit that it got a little creepy. There she sat in the sand on her knees staring out into the ocean and no matter how loud I yelled, she didn't seem to wake up out of this... Trance. Whatever was happening to her, was very... Uncommon. Once she moved her hand across the sand, I thought that she might have woken up out of the trance.

No. Something else happened. Something so indescribable that even the smartest scientist couldn't even see it coming.

Emma reached out in front of her and picked up a stick next to my foot. Just then, she started drawling random things. Actually, it wasn't random... They were... Words? Jib bearish, people may say. There in the sand beneath us, Emma spelled out the words,

Snier rehtaF

My eyes widened in shock when Emma dropped the stick and let out an blood curdling scream.

"Emma, Emma, it's alright. Your alright." I placed a hand on her shoulder to stop her from shaking so much. She turned to face me with tears brimming in her eyes. My heart dropped when she flung her arms around me and hugged me tightly, burying her face in my chest. I started rubbing circles on the small of her back in a comforting way.

"Zayn. I-I, I don't know what happened." She said in between sobs. I had no idea what was happening but what I knew needed to happen, was me be there for her.

"Shhh. It's all right baby." I smiled, kissing the top of her head. I loved the way her hair smelled like sweet strawberries. Once she had stopped crying, we pulled away to see the message she had written out in the sand.

Emma's face twisted in confusion and fear.

"Did I write that?" She narrowed her eye brows, walking closer to the confusing message.

"Yeah. Um, you wrote that when you completely zoned out a couple of minutes ag-"

"I never zoned out!" Her voice raised a couple of octaves. "I just... I was thinking about something."

+++

~EMMALIESE'S POV~

And I was thinking about something.

I knew why I had that flashback from two years ago.

Today was July 17th.

The day my family passed away...

"Explain." Zayn sternly said, narrowing his eyebrows while walking into the diner and picking the closest table to sit at. The one away from everybody...

"I don't want to talk about it." I sat down, keeping the blankest expression on my face to hide any emotion. Whereas Zayn just gave me the most demanding look, like he was some serious rich man or something. Inside I was crying rivers. Every July 17th is just so crazed and if I try to forget about the horrid memories, they just get worst. Bad enough to where I'll stay inside the rest of the day curled up in a little ball on the couch.

"If you don't want to talk about it at the moment, we can just talk about it after we eat." He suggested even though I could tell that he desperately wanted to know what was wrong. I watched his facial expressions change from curious to that look that yells 'tell me now!'

"Okay, okay, I'll tell you." And as hard as it was for me, I told him my story.

Something came over me and I felt as if I could trust Zayn with everything. I felt... safe around him. Nothing I had felt with anyone in forever it seemed like. Not even with my adoptive parents.

After the day on the beach (after the accident) things were very, very emotional. The first couple weeks after my house had been destroyed, I was sent off to the E.R. for a checkup to see if I had broken or burned anything. They found out that I had sprained my ankle and had some respiratory problems from all the smoke, but that soon went away.

After several nights at the terrible hospital, (that smelled like cat pee by the way) the doctors found a couple ( around their 30's) that wanted a child of their own.

We'll a teen in my case.

When I met the couple, I wasn't happy at all. There was no way in heck they could ever own the name 'mom' and 'dad'. But I also felt bad for the couple because of how sweet their personalities were and the fact that they wanted me so badly. I just couldn't give up their offer.

A year later things were starting to fit in my 'normal' category. Even though I may never be 'normal', my friends helped me along the way. That is until Rein became a backstabber.

"Was that the day I saved you on the beach?" He questioned, interrupting my thoughts while looking at me with his big chocolate colored eyes.

"No. That was the day Rein tried to beat me up." I shuddered at the memory of that night.

Everything had to turn around.

What would have happened if she found me? Better yet, what would have happened if Zayn hadn't had saved me? I thought as I sketched a doodle on my napkin while we waited for our food.

"What exactly where you doing there. You never got the chance to tell me."

Chance.

The name of my brother caused me to tear up a little.

But the tough ninja I was just sucked it up and decided to tell the pop star the truth. Yes, Zayn Malik. The guy who saved me that night deserves to know what happened and no matter how hard I try to hide the truth, Zayn always found a way to make me spill the beans. I have no idea how he makes me feel the way that I am but, I.... Okay this is hard for me to admit...

I really REALLY like Zayn Malik

Phew!......

So glad that's out.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

A/N~ sorry this chapter was kind of short....

Promise you the next one will be filled with lots of secrets and massive crushes! Iz excited :D

#cantwait!

Annnnddd before y'all go! I want to let you know that I finally made a trailer for this book!!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP! xD It's seriously SO amazing! AHHHHHH! ASJFKLX!

But as a deal... I can't put this trailer up until I get 1,ooo reads.

So If you want this trailer, read read read!!!!!!!! & don't forget to press the vote button;) teehe.

-MadionsJ2000