38. Love Is A Battlefield

~ZAYN'S POV~

I stood in the hallway, breathless from what had just happened. A million things flowed through my mind like a river all at once. It was simply not just any ole party with a pretty girl that I'd kissed. It was Emmaliese. I knew that from now on I would make her my main focus. I wasn't going to screw up again like I had before, I was going to cherish what I had for as long as I could.

The smile I wore was still prominent on my face from the kiss. When Emmaliese comes back down that hall in that incredibly beautiful dress I'm going to-

 "Did your girl ditch you?" Someone said closely into my ear from behind me. I slowly turn around from my vision where Emma had left off to, to a completely different vision. There stood a girl about five foot eight with long brown hair and a strapless red dress that was way to tight for my liking.

 "Um, excuse me?" I run a hand threw my styled black hair that I had spent forever on to impress a certain someone who was now nowhere in sight.

 "Your with Emmaliese am I right?" She asks, stepping closer over to my side. The hallway is extremely crowded now and the lights are so dim that I have trouble seeing the girls features. I know something's off about her...

 "Why do you ask."

 "Just wondering." She quickly states and then steps around my side so that I'm facing her directly. "We used to be friends for a long time. Its a shame, we haven't really spoken since the night I slapped that curly headed boy in the face. What was his name again?" She ponders, biting her lower lip in train of thought. I feel the blood rising up inside of me once I put all of the pieces together.

This was the girl that had caused a whole load of crap trouble towards Emmaliese and her family. The one that chased her into the ocean and almost got her killed if it wasn't for me that had saved her. From just her standing so close in proximity to me made me want to kick her out of my house immediately, but part of me was curious. And that curiosity started to eat my insides the more I looked into her demining eyes.

 "Harry now wasn't it!?" Her laugh rings in my ears from in all different directions.

 "Why did you come Rein?" The name clicks together suddenly. She glances from left to right as if she's afraid someone might be listening in on our conversation.

 "The refreshments." She grins, looking down into her red plastic cup and taking a sip.

 "I didn't even buy beer for the part-" My eyes tare from Rein and gaze over to the teens that crowd the hallways and the living room below the stair case. Oh shiznit... "Where in the bloody name did you get that!?" I snatch the drink from her hand, causing some to slosh out of the side and onto the carpet.

Staring down into the darkish liquid I brace myself and take a gulp.  As soon as the cool substance hits my tongue I know exactly what it is. "MOTHER TRUCKER!" I spit it out suddenly in hopes of it not hitting rock bottom.

 "Tell me where you got this!" My temperature grows hot in every possible space left. Before I knew it, I forcefully grab Rein's arm and pin her up against the wall to where she looks me directly in the eyes.

 "Get off me." She growls against my arm that's held up to her neck.

 "Not until you tell me what the heck your plan is here." The music still pounds throughout the house and the thin walls that hold together the space I pin Rein to. She squirms under my grasp a little before letting out a grunt of frustration. Knowing that she cant escape me, she decides to spill.

 "YOUR GIRLFRIEND PUT MY FATHER IN JAIL FOR YEARS!" She shouts in my face, the smell of her drink making me cringe. Its not then do I realize the hot tears that pool down her cheeks and onto my sleeve. She was crying. "Do you know what it feels like to stay up for hours waiting for daddy to come home and tuck you in at night?" The tone in her voice doesn't fail to make me feel the decency for the girl.