39. Endless Possibilities

~EMMALIESE'S POV~

My fingers lifted off the floor and grasped the piece of wood that stood out the most, causing it to slide out and onto my back. The pain jolted throughout me as I heaved the wood onto the space beside me. Stay calm and don't make a sound. My self conscious told me to do so.

The figure had just walked into the room. My heart started to pound faster as I glanced over at his back. Yes, the figure is a man in a tux. Just by looking at his backside I could tell he was lean and toned.

GOSH! Why do bad guys have to look so hot? Chill Emma, chill out. A voice spoke in the back of my head.

The only options I had were either to hit him with the piece of wood that was clutched in my hand, or risk my life by cowering under the bed. Okay, I choose hitting him with the piece of wood. FRICK! Do I hit him in the head or do I sweep the leg? If you had watched the premier of Karate Kid last night you would of known how to self defend! I argue with myself. For flipping flap jack's sake Karate Kid is 'not' self defense!

Heaving a deep sigh I roll out from underneath the bed and stand up on my feet. If Chance were here at this very moment, I know exactly what he would tell me to do.

"TAKE THAT YOU STUPID MUTHA LOOKIN MUG!" I shout just before I smash the piece of wood into the guys head causing him to fall face down on the floor. "YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT-" What am I saying? I'm not a cop.... I mentally face palm myself for being so stupid when my life seriously could have been in danger. But hey, you have to give me some credit for knocking the creeper out right?

I bend down on my knees and study the man to see if he had any weapons or drugs on him that he could of used on me. My hands steady onto the mans shoulders and flip him over on his back so he can lay face up.

"No freaking way.. Zayn?!" I place my palm on the side of his face and lean in a little closer. Dark long lashes, prominent jaw line, black styled hair in a quiff, and he's wearing the same exact tuxedo that he came to the party in. "I'm so sorry Zayn...." I mumble quietly into his ear and run my fingers threw his dark hair.

Suddenly, reality clashed back and I realized that I had seriously just knocked out m-my, my.....my boyfriend? Whatever we were I couldn't worry about at the moment. Zayn's head was dripping in blood and it's all my fault!

I feel sick. Oh my gosh I'm gunna throw up! I think while I cover my mouth with my hands and turn away from his body. "SOMEBODY HELP!" I manage to say even though I can feel the bile start to rise up in my throat. "PLEASE! ANYBODY, HEL-" I stopped mid sentence when I heard a voice speak up from behind me.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here?"

~FLASHBACK~

"W-wa-what do y-you want?" I tried my best to sound fearless but it sounded anything but fearless..

"Your dad." One of them spoke with a deep/gruff voice, pointing the gun in my direction. A tear slipped from my eye before I asked,"B-b-but why?" I didn't even realize I was biting my lower lip until I stared to taste the blood.

"Never mind that! Just shut up okay!" He yelled behind the dark ski mask. I could see the spit that came out of his mouth when he yelled, it was disgusting. As if I couldn't have been scared enough, the men had gotten even closer to the point where I could feel the cool barrel of the gun against my forehead.

Just then, I closed my eyes and prayed. There was nothing else I could do.

*BOOM!*

I opened my eyes this time not only to see me covered in blood, but the two men.

~FLASHBACK OVER~