Chapter Thirty Three

Belle POV:

" I'll see you later mum" I call out, grabbing my rain coat and walking out of the house. " You took your time" an impatient Maya says, as I throw my jacket on.

"Yeah sorry, I had to grab my wellies" I chuckle, showing off my black wellies. "Aren't you cold in that?" I ask, referring to her choice of outfit. A leather jacket, with a vest top and some ripped blue jeans. " Nope" she says, popping the P.

She opens her umbrella as we walk down the empty streets. The weather was quite glum and wet, a dull rainy day and my dear sister Maya finds it an perfect opportunity to take a walk in this weather.

"I really have missed you Maya" I randomly say, as I accidentally step into a small puddle. Yuck. " I've missed you too Belle" she responds, tucking her long locks behind her ear.

" So what time do you start work today?" She asks, as I take a glimpse at my watch. " Urm in a hour, about 5:30" I sheepishly say. " If you need a lift, just ring me" she nudges me as I smile.

Maya has her own car here, it had been locked and rusty in our garage since the day she left.

"So does Jayden know that you're back?" I ask. " No, but mum did mention he lives next door? Since when?" She grins. " Ah I know that look" I tease as she rolls her eyes.

"Yes, he's lived next door for a few months and he has a girlfriend" I warn. " So are you completely done with Aiden?" I curiously ask. There's a long pause, as she lets out a deep sigh.

"I mean, we are married, and I do love him but he's very difficult at times".

I let out a humourless laugh as we cross the road. "Maya, he's a nice guy and you guys have been best friends before lovers. He knows you more then anyone" I beam as she casually nods, and half smiles.

"Sooo, that's why he's here, at the airport" I excitedly chirp. " He messaged me and he felt so bad, he wanted to make it up to you" I sheepishly say. "Wait wait wait so who's gone to pick him up?" Maya asks, shocked.

"Thanks to Liz, one of her drivers" I enthusiastically say as Maya paces back and forth nervously. "What's wrong?" I concernly ask. " He's come here all the way to see me, and I've been such a bitch to him" she whimpers, close to tears.

"Hey, it's fine Maya. Make sure you make it up to him when he comes" I wink, as she presses her lips into a thin line, and nods.

An hour soon passes and it's soon time for me to go to work. I haven't spoke to Cayden all day, he's not answering my calls or messages. He must be busy. I walk to the bus stop, and patiently wait for the bus to come.

After our little walk, Maya reunited with Aiden back at our house and she's been with him ever since. The bus soon comes as I hop in, plugging my earphones in and staring out of the window.

Walking into the store as the little bell dings, I grab my apron from behind the till and tie my hair into a loose ponytail.

"Evening Belle" Agatha greets, as I smile and greet her back. The shop was quite empty today, to my surprise.

There was just an old couple in the corner, an old man reading a newspaper by the window and a young family eating into their roast dinner. I let out a relieved sigh, not much work to do today.