Chapter Nineteen:

Belle POV:

"Belle...?" Carrie questions, pulling me into a hug. "Hey..." I awkwardly smile, releasing from the hug. "Jayden..?" She confusingly asks, staring at the pair of us with a suspicious look plastered across her face. "Yeah, come on in Belle" He mumbles, pulling my arm.

Nobody was at home at my house and I didn't have the keys, so Jayden brought me here.

"Okay, so tell me why you was so upset earlier" He says, with a concerned look on his face. "Cayden just doesn't defend me. I don't get it. He is such a kind and caring person alone with me, but a complete different person with others around" I frustratedly exclaim, staring at the floor. "Hmm, well I'm sorry about my brother..." Jayden tuts, putting his hands in his back pockets.

"It's not your fault. It's hard to believe you're brothers, you're so nice and he's an asshole." I mumble, rolling my eyes. Jayden lets out a humourless chuckle, running his fingers through his dirty blonde hair. My phone suddenly rings in my hand as I quickly answer it.

"OMG! ARE YOU OKAY?" A familiar voice screeches, as I let out a low chuckle.

"I'm fine Liz. I'm sorry for running off, I guess I was just upset. I-I'm good now" I murmur. "Okay that's great! Look, please come to my house right now." She chirps. "Why is everything cool?" I worriedly ask, tapping my chin. "Yeah just come" She orders as I roll my eyes playfully.

"Okay"

We both say bye and quickly hang up, as I look towards Jayden with pleading eyes. "Can you please drop me to my mate's house?" I ask, with a half-smile. "Alright come on, and cheer up Belle" He smiles, as I widely grin and thank him.

-- -- --

"Thanks for dropping me" I say, hugging Jayden quickly. "No problem" He smiles, as I hop out of the car. Knocking on Liz's door, I get greeted by her maid, as she sends me a small smile and welcomes me inside. Liz comes rushing down, with her hair in all kind of different directions. She grabs my arm and hurriedly pulls me upstairs.

"Okay so I bought you this dress. Don't say anything yet! Try it on" She smiles, pushing me into the bathroom not giving me a chance to protest. "Please Liz, I'm not really in the mo-" I get cut off by Liz's puppy face. "Please?" She asks with desperation, as I let out a long sigh and quickly strip, throwing the dress over my head.

It was a body hugging bottle green dress. Not the ugly green but the green that makes you really stand out. It had splits on the side and the neck was pretty low.  Walking out, I see Liz looking at me with bug eyes. "You look really pretty" she smiles, as I confusingly stare at her.

Why am I trying this dress on again?

"What?" She asks, staring me up and down. "Why am I trying this dress on?" I ask, holding the silk in my hand. "Well...Because we're going to go to a party tonight. Cayden's going to be there." She deviously smiles. "Uh no. Um...No thanks" I say, walking to the bathroom.

"Please Show Cayden what he's missing out on." She pleads, pulling my arm back. "I have a pair of flats you could wear with this, if you don't want to wear heels" She says, as I roll my eyes playfully. "Okay. You know what you're right" I confidently say, jumping on her bed.

" But another party. I don't know.." I trail off, remembering the awful events of the last one. " Belle, it's not really a party party, it's just where everyone is hanging out right now, and of course, I will not force you to go anywhere you're not comfortable". Liz half smiles, rubbing my back. I look at Liz, realising how lucky I am to have a friend who is so genuine, humble, and actually cares about me. How could I refuse her.