Chapter Eight:

Belle POV:

"Jayden what are we going to do?" I sigh, as he tries once more to start his engine. "I-I'm sorry but there's nothing we can do" He shamefully says, as I frustratedly rub my temples. Jayden's car ran out of petrol and his tyre has burst, and my appointment is in 20 minutes. I can't ring my mum, she's at work...

I could catch a Taxi, but that would at least take another 5 minutes to reach here. "I got practice in another 10 minutes" Jayden mutters, as I start to feel guilty. "I-I'm sorry" I helplessly cry, covering my face with my hands. "It's not your fault" He assures me, patting my back. "I can ring my mate Andre and see what he says" he suggests, taking his iPhone out of his pocket and unlocking it.

He rings Andre and greets him with a ' sup', as I bite my lip and cross my fingers in hope. Jayden talks to Andre for a bit, then cuts the call. "Andre is taking all the other boys as well, there's only space for me..." He trails off. "Go with Cayden? He has a motorbike?" He offers, as I immediately shake my head no. "Now's not the time to be stubborn. You don't exactly have a choice" He truthfully says, as I let out a long sigh. "I'll go get him. Stay here" he says, running off inside.

I really don't want to even see his face, let alone sit on the same vehicle as him, but I guess I have to. I got 17 minutes left till my appointment, and I don't want to be late or they'll reschedule me in another few weeks. 2 minutes later, Cayden comes walking out with a moody expression on his face. Stupid jackass.

Jayden comes running out, with a big sports duffel rested on his arm. "Bye!" He calls out, walking to his group of friends in the small car, as they speed off. Cayden hops on his motorbike, starting the engine as I awkwardly climb on. He doesn't even have the courtesy to hand me the helmet. He doesn't talk to me and ignores me through the whole journey. Like I care.

Arriving at the doctor clinic on time, I jump off the bike and quickly walk inside. If this was any other day, I would have said ' Thanks' or ' Come with me' but because of his actions, I don't even want to talk to him. I feel his presence behind me, as I let out a deep sigh. "Go away Cayden" I rudely murmur, as he ignores me and continues to walk behind me.

I finally turn towards him, and roll my eyes. "What is your problem?" I ask, as he grabs my arm and pulls me inside the clinic, not leaving me a chance to protest. A male doctor with neat blonde hair and dark brown eyes, walks towards us with a clipboard in his hand. " Isabelle Carter" he calls out as I nod, and follow him to his room.

"Hi there. I am D.Phil and you must be..?" He politely asks, offering his hand out. "Belle" I smile, as he confusingly stares at his clipboard. "Isabelle Carter?" He asks, as I nod and half smile. "That's me".

"Is this the father?" He asks, as I lie and shake my head. "A frien- I mean acquaintance". Cayden snaps his head towards me angrily. Yeah whatever, you rejected this baby, so why shall I call you its father you scum?

"Very well. Please take a seat" I sit down, far away from Cayden. Dr.Phil raises his eyebrows in suspicion but shrugs it off. "Please tell me how far along you are?" He asks, clicking the lid to his pen. "Well I just found out a couple of days ago" I say, trying to remember what day exactly.

"Your weeks of pregnancy are dated from the first day of your last period. This means that in the first two weeks or so, you aren't actually pregnant - your body will be preparing for ovulation as usual. You ovulate around two weeks after the first day of your period" He explains, as I carefully listen to him.

"During the third week after the first day of your last period, your fertilised egg moves along the fallopian tube towards the womb. The egg begins as a single cell, which divides again and again. By the time the egg reaches the womb, it has become a mass of more than 100 cells, called an embryo. "