Chapter Twenty Two

Belle POV:

(Cherry at side->)

"I don't seriously know why everybody is talking about her" Liz exclaims throwing her hands in the air. "Who?" I confusingly ask, spinning the combination and throwing my books in my locker. "The new girl. Uh I think her name is Tara" Liz says, scratching her head. "And what's the big deal about this new girl?" I dumbfoundly ask.

"It's like infant school. She's like the new shiny toy everybody wants. All the boys think she is so hot, even Ace was like to me the new girl is pretty. How am I supposed to feel!?" she sighs, as I'm unsure whether to take pity on her or laugh at her twilight reference.

In all fairness, her boyfriend just did call another girl pretty...

"Wow what a fool" I murmur about Ace. If Cayden called another girl pretty I would. Wait what am I saying? Why do I care if Cayden calls another girl pretty? Just the thought made my blood rush. "Where is she from?" I ask Liz who looks infuriated. "London but she's biracial"

I curiously nod taking a bite of the chocolate I left over from the morning. "Is that her?" I ask, looking towards a girl crowded by Alexia and her minions. "Yep" Liz raises her eyebrow as we walk towards her. Alexia too busy in painting her nails doesn't notice us as we take a seat next to the new girl.

This girl was actually very pretty with her blonde curly hair, fair smooth skin and long lean legs. She had a tattoo on her upper arm, and was tall and slender and seemed full of confidence. "Hi" I smile, as Liz lightly nudges me in the rib. I shoot bug eyes at her as she forcefully smiles at the girl.

"Hey, nice to meet you. Im Tara" she cheerfully smiles, extending her hand forward. "Hi Tara, Im Belle and this is my friend Liz" I smile shaking her offered hand. Liz and her exchange a small polite smile.

I already liked her. She seemed so friendly and nice. Maybe I misjudged her although the arrogant look on her face and the way she presented her attitude at first gave a bad impression. "So how do you find our school?" I hesitantly ask, trying to make small talk.

"Y-yeah its okay I guess. The boys are very..." she trails off with a disgusted face as me and Liz let out a low chuckle. "Horny, manwhores, immature" Liz finishes off as we all nod our head in agreeance. I purse my lips together as she takes her timetable out of her bag.

"My first lesson is Biology and I have no idea where that is" she nervously chuckles as she hands me her timetable. "Oh wow we have all the same lessons together pretty much" I exclaim reading through her timetable. "except for maths".

Cherry soons joins us as her and Tara unexpectedly hug. "Have you guys met before?" Liz suprisedly asks, stealing the words right out of my mouth. "Yeah I'm her new neighbour, our moms get along really well" Tara smiles flashing her pearly whites. Liz and Cherry soon get engaged in talking between themselves and walk off. I awkwardly stand there, as Tara finally breaks the awkward silence.

"I would love to get to know you more. You seem like a really nice and genuine person. We should hang out more" she says as I smile and nod. "Thank you and yeah sure. I'll take you to biology, let's go".

Alexia who still doesn't notice my presence admires her nails as Tara softly taps her. Alexia's two side chicks Monique and Monika (aka minions) stand by Alexia like her bodyguard sternly staring at Tara. "I'm going now babe, see you" Tara softly says as Alexia and her send air kisses. This girl already seemed to know everybody and be very friendly with the popular... on her first day as well.

"Are you going? I was going to introduce you to someone special" she winks as Tara politely refuses. Alexia who now notices my presence gives me a curt look staring me up and down. "And be with her?" Alexia scoffs as her minion's fake laugh. "Give it a rest. If you can't close your legs, atleast close your mouth" I irately murmur as her minions try to keep a straight face, bursting out small giggles. Alexia glares at them as they hide their face scaredly.

Tara stands awkwardly between us as I walk off slowly. Not a good impression on Tara. "Woah" she raises her eyebrows. "We don't really like each other" I shrug as Tara nods. Me and Tara end up talking about a lot of stuff, she told me a lot of secrets which I was quite surprised at. How could she easily trust me, meeting me for the first time? I knew that to return my trust, it would take a very long time. Can you blame me though..

I did tell her I was pregnant. It was no big secret and she would have found out anyway from Alexia or everyone else. She was very surprised at first and asked a lot of questions. I just kept the conversation curt and tried to avoid her questions. She didn't need to know about my personal life, I just met her.

"So who's the baby daddy?" she asks, her brown eyes gleaming with suspicion. "No one special. Just uh this boy in my year." I protectively mumble. "Is he supporting you and the baby?" she asks. "Yeah he's here for me and our baby now" I smile rubbing my stomach softly.

"Aw that's cute" she coo's, flipping her hair to the side. Suddenly Cayden comes out of nowhere, handing me an apple. "For you" he smiles as I shyly take the apple. "Thanks". He notices Tara by my side, a look of lust flashed in his eyes. I felt the urge to cry, I didn't want Cayden to look at another girl in that way except me.

We aren't even together but I feel so insecure and jealous over everything. Damn my hormones. I hurriedly walk away as Cayden yanks my arm back. "What's wrong?" he whispers in my ear, his voice sending shivers down my spine. Tara engrossed in her phone doesn't notice us.

"Nothing" I weakly whisper, pushing past him. "Are you ok Belle?" he worriedly asks, grabbing my wrists. "Yes" I flatly reply. I blink several times, trying to not let the tears fall. "Look at me what's wrong?" he unconvincingly says, grabbing my face between his hands softly. "I didn't like the way you looked at her" I embarrassedly whisper covering my face. He chuckles, pulling me closer to him.

"Aw is someone getting jealous? Don't worry, you're the only girl for me" he cheekily winks, walking off as I madly blush. What could he have meant by 'I'm the only girl for him'? Series of questions and answers puzzle through my head as Tara breaks me out of my wild thoughts.

"Sorry my mum just texted, I was talking to her. Who was that hot hunk next to you?" Tara winks as I keep a straight face and blankly reply. "My baby's father". "Oh wow he is h-sorry nothing" she quickly covers her mouth knowing she shouldn't speak more about Cayden like that. I nod as we walk to biology.

--End of Day--

Me and Tara exchanged numbers. She was actually very nice and funny. She did ask a lot of questions which I found a bit nosy but nevertheless. She told me a lot about herself, about her split family and her boy best friend who cheated on her. I guess we had a lot in common. I reassured her, trying to be a good friend.

I suddenly see Cayden coming back from the schools field with his mates by his side. I wait for him by the wall as he walks towards me and smiles. "Hey" he greets as I greet him back. He wraps his arm around me taking me by surprise. I guess it was a gesture to show off to his friends. We walk to his motorbike in comfortable silence as he helps me climb on.

He drops me home, telling me he will ring me later. I guess he was busy and had things to do. I walk inside my home sweet home, smelling the sweet aroma of my mother's famous chicken pie. I smile and devour the smell all the way to the kitchen where she freshly pours it on the plate.

"Hey honey. You're just in time for food" She smiles as I widely smile, kicking my shoes off. Axel comes downstairs, smelling the delicious aroma also. "By the way kids, I'll be gone tonight for three weeks for a business trip. I was going to leave you two at Iris's but I'm sure you kids will be fine, you guys have each other. I've left quite a lot of money in your rooms which should last you just fine. Don't make a mess and behave" she smiles kissing our foreheads. Me and Axel hug her, a big family group hug. I smile, missing hugs like this. Me, Maya, Asher and...Dad "Good Luck" Me and Axel say in unison as she smiles, walking upstairs...