Albus Potter

In the late night you snuck out of your dorm. Carefully padding across the hall and down the spiral stairs. There was no one to be found in the common room, much to your satisfaction. You didn't hesitate to walk briskly across the way to the staircase to the boy's staircase. They made no movement as you climbed them. They didn't turn into a slide noisily as the girl's staircase would in the presence of a boy, they didn't even creak.

The door on the right of the second hallway three doors from the stairwell was your goal and you reached it easily. The floorboards were quiet and the paintings watched in silence, as though excited and supportive of your goal of mischief. The dark room you entered looked no different than your own. The same basic setup, with more mess, as was expected of a boys bedroom. At one edge was Albus Potter, a boy you knew but never talked to, save for classwork. In the bed beside his was your target. Under green blankets was your brother. His freckled face snuggled against his pillow and his blankets only barely covered his black tank. His favorite sleeveless denim jacket was draped on a chair beside the bed, waiting to be worn under his robes in the morning.

As you slipped the blue concoction in it's clear vial from the pocket of your shirt there was a stirring. You ducked to the ground quickly and tried to roll under his bed, but it was too filled with junk. There was a groan and a whisper in the air. In the next bed over a figure rose and your breath hitched. A garbled word came from the dark shadow and you tried to press yourself even harder into the floor. It was a surprise you weren't part of the floor yet.

Albus lifted his blankets and got down from the bed. He turned his head, dazed, looking around. He whispered again and you felt the sheets beside you begin to stir. You brother turned slightly in his sleep. Without another choice, you tugged lightly on Albus' leg. He jumped and nearly yelped before seeing your silhouette against the floor next to his friends bed.

"(Y/N)?" He whispered and crouched against the ground next to you. "What are you doing here?"

"Shhh," You whispered, trying to hold back a giggle at his shocked and confused expression. "It's a prank. Please don't wake him up."

"Alright, alright," Albus said. "I won't. Promise." He put a hand over his heart and a cute smile came to his face.

"Good," You said and slowly lifted yourself back up.

"How can I help?" He said.

"No need," You said. "I got this covered." You popped the vial open quietly and began to pour it over his head. The potion slipped onto his hair, a collection of knots the muggles called dreads. A few drops slid from his forehead into his ears, much to your delight.

"What is it?" Albus whispered, staring with wide eyes at the liquid.

"My own masterpiece."

"Is it dangerous?" He stared worriedly at you.

"I tested it on some rats, the worse that'll happen is he might go blind."

"What?" Albus nearly yelled and pulled your hand and the vial away from your brothers head.

"I'm kidding," You laughed quietly.

"You have horrible sense of humor."

"But I'm still fabulous."

"Like I said, horrible."

"You're just jealous."

"I could never be jealous of someone so inferior."

"You better watch your mouth or I'll be pranking you next." You raised the now empty glass threateningly towards him.

"After this I think your brother will be locking our door."

"Then I'll come in through the window."

"We're in a tower, (Y/N)," He looked unamused at you.

"I have a broom."

"You're reckless."

"Reckless and amazing."

You left the room just as quietly as you came and Albus returned to his bed. Though he couldn't sleep with the nervous butterflies in his stomach and the pretty girl in his head.

In the morning there was a yelling as your brother rushed down the stairs to the common room where you sipped tea in front of the fire. His normally dark skin was red with fury, and his hair blue as well as his ears.

"I thought smurfs were a myth!" You called out and he jumped at you into a tackle. He was older and much stronger than you, and pinned you to the floor easily. You kicked him in the stomach with you knee and jumped up away from him. He got up quickly and went running at you. You couldn't make it to the door or the staircase fast enough. You settled for the next best thing, hiding behind Albus. Your brother lunged at you again and Albus swooped you up, grabbing your waist and swinging you away from your brother.

"You two need to stop," He said sternly.

"You let me win and I'll stop embarrassing you," You said arrogantly, not truly understand how helpless you were at the moment.

"Never," Your brother said stubbornly.

"It'll only get worse from here," Albus said, making a point of looking at you.

"Put me down," You instructed and hopped from Albus' arms, but the fluttering in your heart stayed the same.

"Truce?" You held your hand out to your brother.

"Fine," He said. "But you gotta fix this first." He angrily jutted his blue hair in your face.

"Fine," You sighed and retrieved a clear colored potion from your room.

Your brothers hair was fixed and you never pranked him again. But that didn't stop you from sneaking up into his room to fetch Albus for broom rides and walks around the castle.

(A/N I have Christmas Break for the next two weeks and I will be updating every few days, so come and check out this story again tomorrow and the day after. ;-) I got to keep you coming back somehow. No shame in that right? Haha)