Harry Potter x Katie

(A/N A friendly reminder for anyone who didn't read the authors note: First, don't worry, I typically don't read authors notes either ;). Second, in celebration of this book reaching its first year anniversary, I'm hosting a one shot competition. Enter through PM or tag, details can be found in the previous A/N part. Thanks! Also, I've extended the date, just so you guys know.)

Requested by: 

On the day of Oliver Wood's graduation, Katie rejoiced. She danced through the halls, no longer scared of punishment. Summer started immediately afterwards, and the teachers could do nothing to scare her from celebrating. No detentions, no points taken away, no extra assignments. And best of all, no Wood. She never thought this day would come. After all the snide comments, dismal waves, and plain heart-crushing rejections, he was finally gone. Out of her way. Next year, after a summer of intense training and practice, she would be a Gryffindor Chaser. She knew this was her year, her tea leaves even agreed.

"Excited for summer?" Her best friend asked quietly from beside her. Katie was too happy to eat her last meal at Hogwarts. All she wanted to do with her food was throw it in Oliver's face, a hardly worthy punishment for all the years he blocked her from becoming Chaser.

"I'm more excited for what comes afterwards," She said, looking across the table and sending a smug look at Oliver, who was celebrating his final day at Hogwarts. He rolled his eyes and whispered something to Harry Potter beside him. Katie swore to herself, she knew Oliver would do anything to keep her from becoming Chaser, even if it meant planting information in Harry's head.

"Quidditch tryouts?" Her friend asked knowingly, sighing. "You've been obsessed with being Chaser for years."

"No I haven't!" Katie said defensively. "I got better scores on the exams than you, so who needs to get their priorities straight?"

She scoffed. "We both still failed!"

"I still got a higher score," She said and stuck her tongue out.

"It hardly counts," She said and stood up with a sigh. "I'll see you one the train, yeah?"

"Yeah," Katie said, saying a quick goodbye to her friend. The train didn't leave until noon, and she still had a few hours to kill. She didn't plan on spending that time packing, even though she had tons of that to do.

As soon as the seat beside her was empty, an all too familiar voice came beside her and lazily sat on the bench. Katie cringed at the Scottish accent, then smiled when a second, British voice came awkwardly from behind the first. She looked up from her empty plate to Oliver and Harry, greeting Harry with a smile and not even bothering to greet Oliver.

"I bet you're gonna miss me, huh Katie?" Oliver said, not bothering to notice Harry awkwardly trying to find a space to sit.

She moved to the side to make room for Harry, putting herself closer to Oliver and regretting the decision instantly. Harry looked grateful, and still slightly out of place.

"How about it Katie?" Oliver asked again, insisting on not leaving her alone.

"I'm gonna miss your invalidated hatred towards me most."

"Oh I don't hate you Kat," He smiled at the nickname. "I just think you're rubbish at Quidditch."

"No, you think my father's Quidditch skills are rubbish. Just because he lost your dad some game doesn't mean I will."

"No, you certainly won't. They're not my games to lose anymore, they're Potter's." He gestured to Harry, who smiled sheepishly, then departed from the table.

Katie enjoyed the extra space to sit, but not the extra thickness in the air that remained. Both she and Harry were obviously uncomfortable, and she couldn't think of anything to do about it. She had to be friendly to him, or else risk the opening for her to become Chaser.