Teddy Lupin x Reader (College AU)

Requested by: _Nashi-Krystal_

(A/N This one's real short but I wanted to get something out there for you guys to start off this new section of the book. I'll have more out soon, enjoy!)

You left your room in a hurry, only grabbing what you could on the way. As the door slammed behind you you looked down at the pile of things in your hands. A cell phone, a book, and a pillow, the few things that were on your bed as you passed it. You sighed. 

You unlocked your phone as you wandered down the hallway and listened to the ringing on the other end. You bit your lip and tapped your foot, impatient. It was late at night, and you hoped someone would pick up. 

"Ray! Thank god you're awake," You said.

You heard a groan. "Of course I'm awake (Y/N), I have an exam tomorrow and I missed like half the classes."

"That sucks," You said. "Hey, is there any way I can crash at your place tonight?"

"What's wrong with your dorm? I'm kinda busy here."

"I know, I know," You wandered back and forth nervously. "My roommate has her boyfriend over again, I got out of there as fast as possible."

He laughed. "Why am I not surprised?"

"So, can I stay at your place?" You put on the most charming voice you could, hoping it would work. Ray was your only friend, you had biology with him freshman year and instantly bonded.

He sighed. "Fine, but I really have to study (Y/N). No messing around."

You nodded quickly, even though he couldn't see you. "Thank you so much Ray, I'll be there in five."

~

You rang the doorbell impatiently. You walked halfway across town to reach Ray's off-campus apartment and you were freezing in your pajamas. 

As soon as the door opened you darted inside. "Geez it's cold out there."

"You're telling me."

You looked up to see it wasn't Ray who opened the door. You looked up at the boy. He looked oddly familiar, but you were sure you would have remembered meeting someone with bright blue hair and striking blue eyes.

He caught you staring and chuckled. "Ray's in his room, said not to disturb him. I'm Teddy by the way," He held his hand out of you to shake.

You reluctantly moved your pillow into the crook of your arm to shake his hand. Your brow furrowed as you tried to remember him. "Do I know you?"

He smiled and ran a hand through his bright hair. Freshly dyed, you noticed. 

"Teddy Lupin," He said. "We're in Econ together."

You nearly smacked yourself in the head. "Of course! How could I forget? You changed your hair."

You finally looked away from Teddy and set your few belongings on the couch. 

"Yeah," He said. "I got kinda sick of the pink."

"Doesn't blue fade fastest?"

He shrugged. "Hasn't been an issue so far."

You nodded slowly, then decided it wasn't worth pondering and just went with it. 

Teddy looked down awkwardly at you and your things. "Can I get you anything?"

"I'm alright," You said. "It's a big enough favor that you guys are letting me stay here."

"No problem. You're just lucky Rob isn't here tonight. He's very strict about no girls here."

Your eyes widened. "Is it okay for me to be here? I don't want to get Ray kicked out or anything."

His eyes went wide and he shook his head frantically. "Oh no no, it's cool. Ray and I aren't gonna say anything. Hopefully you aren't either?"

You laughed. "Anything so I don't have to sleep in the hallway again. My RA's getting real pissed."

He sat down next to you on the couch. "Why do you need a place to stay anyway, if you don't mind me asking?"

"My roommate is having her boyfriend stay over."

Teddy nodded awkwardly. 

"Maybe we should have a rule about boys like you guys do," You laughed.

He nodded. 

There was a long silence before you finally spoke up. "Hey I'm starving,"

He nearly jumped up. "We might have something in the fridge?"

"No way," You said with a smirk. "Let's order take out, my treat. I owe you guys."

Teddy smiled.

It turned out, Teddy liked the same kind of food you did and you spent the whole night talking. Ray yelled at you a couple times but you didn't mind. After that day, you and Teddy were inseparable in Econ and your professor found it rather annoying to have your constant chatter. But with Teddy's help, you passed all the tests with flying colors and your professor agreed to let you sit together.