Fred Weasley x Meg

Requested by: _megfuentes_

(A/N So sorry these are so late. I haven't been able to write lately. I've been so blocked, and there's so much turmoil EVERYWHERE. It's like living in a hurricane and trying to make yourself a cup of tea inside it.)

Meg shuffled about the classroom. Her hand brushing against her red bandana, tightly wrapped and hidden under her robe sleeve. Her clothing brushing against the desk. Her feet brushing against the floor as they kicked back and forth, her legs just long enough to barely reach the ground. Her quill scratching against the parchment and tickling her chin when she couldn't think of what to write next. Fred watched her in absolute silence, only a chuckling breath when George teased him about staring. He swore he couldn't help it, she would sit quietly until the moment came for her to make a witty remark. A real looker George would jokingly call her just to see the blush rise to Fred's cheeks. He knew she was pretty, it was one of the reasons he stared so much, but there had to be more than that. More than a mannequin with a voice box set on repeat of joke after joke, or at least he hoped she was more than that.

He had to do something nice for her, just to let her know he was there and interested but not too creepy. Finding the perfect balance between the two was difficult, and nothing and no one seemed to be helping him. Romance books and movies had ideas that were surprising creepy in actuality, and most people he talked to either had no idea or were already in relationships and both of those didn't end in good ideas.

"You're overthinking it mate," George said by the fire, sitting in an armchair across from Fred. He opened his mouth in response, but the portrait entrance to the common room scraped open and shut again. They waited in awkward silence for the incoming person to come and leave to their dorm.

"You guys aren't this quiet unless you're planning something epic," Lee Jordan called to the twins as he walked into the room. He had his arm set around the shoulders of a girl, whose long blond hair fell randomly against her face and Lee's arm. Fred looked up from the fire to meet Meg's eyes. He had spent so long planning something for her, he'd missed his window of time.

Lee jumped over the back of the couch and settled into the upholstery. Meg stepped quietly around the furniture and sat next to him. He reached to put his arm back over her shoulders but she pulled away. He pouted pathetically, but she ignored it and pulled out a book. When he tried again to catch her attention she turned away and leaned against the arm of the couch and propped her book up against her legs.

"Don't you want to cuddle babe?" Lee's pout persisted but there was a smirk twitching the edges of his mouth that he tried to hold back. Fred watched curiously.

"I'm not your babe," She huffed.

"Girl trouble mate?" George laughed.

"He's got trouble alright," Meg laughed. "But I ain't his girl."

"Just pretending," Lee said, finally giving up the pouting act. "I've got a persistent ex and Meg's got some secret admirer."

"I don't mind the admirer," She said and set her book aside. "You're the one that was begging for my help. You just don't like to admit you need help."

"'Cause I don't need help."

She sighed. "You need help, in more ways than one."

"Who?" Fred interrupted.

"Lee," She said and her brow furrowed. "Lee needs help. But I don't think he's the only one." She gestured to him with a flick of her blue eyes.

"No, I mean your secret admirer."