Sirius x Animagus Reader - Part II

(A/N After the super long first part, I was still not satisfied, and it seemed most of you weren't either. So, here's even more! This part is longer than the first too. Enjoy~)

Remus woke up and cringed.

"Sorry!" You bit your lip nervously and continued to unwrap the bandage around his leg. The puss was gone, but the dark bruising was still large and dreadful. You stared down at the partially healed gash, the pattern of your Animagus teeth still present.

Remus groaned and turned his head over, towards the direction of your voice. He started to open his eyes, but flinched back as the bright lights reached his sensitive eyes. You quickly pulled a clean bandage and tried to rewrap it before he could see you. You weren't ready for him to see you yet, not after what you'd done. All you could do for now was help treat him and hope he would forgive you.

"(Y/N)?" Remus asked groggily. The tall tower of blurred bubbles of color were slowly forming into a shape of a person.

You finished the wrapping, then realized you had done it completely wrong. You frantically unwound it and started over. He started to sit up, rubbing his eyes to better see you. Your hands balled up instinctively as you quickly tried to think of what you'd had to say.

"You should stay down," Sirius said from the seat beside the bed. You jumped. You had thought he was sleeping.

Remus nodded lazily and lay down against his pillow. Sirius smiled kindly to you and you smiled back before quickly finishing up the bandages, properly this time. You returned to your bed, facing your back to Remus and trying to fall back asleep.

"Hey Sirius," Remus greeted with a small smile. "Are you alright?" His smile dissapeared as he saw the bags under his friends eyes, even though Sirius had already slept through almost the entire day.

You had only been able to sleep until noon, with some waking up in between. Madam Pomfrey wouldn't let you leave though. Your entire midsection was bandaged, something you were glad Sirius wasn't awake for because you had to take your shirt off for the bandages to be changed. There was always a privacy screen, but it still made you uncomfortable. You had insisted on helping treat Remus, but she hadn't let you until now. You had to help him somehow, but even treating him for the rest of his life wouldn't be enough to make up for the savage attack that had caused the wounds.

A few tears began to stream down your face, and you quickly wiped them away. I'm asleep, I'm asleep. You repeated to yourself and squeezed your eyes shut tightly, as though somehow the sheer force would make you fall asleep. You could hear Remus shuffling in his bed, and the doors opened to who had to be James and Peter based on the loud laughter.

"Remus!" James exclaimed, running across the Hospital Wing to jump straight onto his friend's bed.

Remus groaned as the bed bounced and he coughed wearily. "Hey James. Good to see you Peter."

"You too Remus," Peter said politely, no doubt with an adorable smile and his usual awkward blush.

You could hear Remus groan again as he tried to move. You desperately wanted to turn over, wanted to help him, but you couldn't face the look on his face when he saw you. "What exactly happened?" Remus asked.

Sirius chuckled nervously and leaned against his chair to discretely poke you in the back. You tensed further, but didn't move from your laying position. Sirius waited for some kind of response, before sighing and leaned back towards Remus and clasping his hands together on his knees.

"That's a story for another time," He said. "Chocolate?"

Remus happily took the wrapped bar of chocolate, one of the many Sirius had brought. He wouldn't tell you where he got it from, but you assumed he'd stolen it from the kitchens, or even had a stash in his dormitory. This had been happening to Remus for a while, you knew that now, which only made it hurt more that you hadn't figured it out in the years you had been watching them. That was dozens of full moons, dozens of times you'd missed on the obvious in front of you.

More tears fell against you face, and you angrily wiped them away, scratching your eyes with your balled fists in an attempt to stop any other incoming tears. You stopped when Madam Pomfrey's soft leather shoes came clicking towards you. The privacy sheet was drawn and pulled around you bed. You got up from your bed at sat up, anxiously aware of the silence coming from the boys in the next bed over.

"Stop gawking Sirius," Remus scolded and you held back a laugh.

You removed your shirt and dropped it to the ground at the edge of the sheet. The sheet was high enough that they could see the piece of clothing sitting on the ground, and you could hear James make an 'oo' sound at the sight of it. Madam Pomfrey carefully unwrapped the bandages, careful not to pull at the dark scabs of blood or to touch the large tender bruises.

"Thank you," You said quietly when she was done so that Remus couldn't hear. You picked your shirt up and slipped it back on, trying not to let the fabric touch where the wounds were. She worked on your leg next, a less severe wound. Bandages wouldn't be needed for much longer, it was healing nicely, but beyond the cut the bone of the leg had broken. Madam Pomfrey had repaired the bone, but you still couldn't walk long distances without a crutch or cane. You looked sadly at the crutch next to your bed, hoping that you wouldn't have to use it forever, even though that would a proper punishment in your mind for what you'd done to Remus.

Madam Pomfrey backed away when she was finished, pushing the privacy back in place. You turned back to your position on the bed, laying with your back to Remus. The boys still remained quiet, and you could hear an awkward shuffling of feet from one of them. Remus coughed and tried to silence it, but only ended up with an even louder choking sound. Madam Pomfrey rushed over and pampered him, then left again when she saw the bandages had been replaced and wounds cleaned.

"That girl," She chuckled under her breath, inspecting the plaster (Band-aids basically, for any Americans) dotting his chest where the scratch marks had been and the wrapping on his torn leg.

"What?" Remus said, unable to fully head Madam Pomfrey.

"Nothing dear," She said sweetly, fully aware you didn't want Remus to know you were there. Not yet at least.

She returned again, kneeling at the bedside you were facing. She smiled giddily and help up your robes. She leaned forward and whispered, "Would you like to go eat some dinner?"

You nodded and smiled back. You took the robe and carefully sat on the edge of the bed, keeping your back to Remus. You pulled the hood up and kept your head down and obscured as you turned around to grab your crutch from the other side of your bed.

Sirius cleared his throat awkwardly, drawing away the attention of Remus, who was unwillingly staring. "I should go get some food, want anything Remus?"

"I'm good," He said, raising up his bar of chocolate.

You limped away from the bed, towards the large doors of the Hospital wing. Sirius walked casually behind you, trying to keep enough distance without making it seem purposeful. He sprinted ahead just before the door to hold it open for you. You nodded and smiled at him before continuing to limp through it.

"You need to tell him at some point," He whispered as the two of you walked down the quiet hallway.

"I know," You said at a normal volume, slowly making your way to the Great Hall. The kitchens seemed a better option, more quiet and private, but you couldn't walk that far yet. Too many stairs. Moving stairs especially.

The Great Hall had less people than usual, but still too many for your liking. Most looked up as you arrived, your quiet footsteps walking through the open doors. Sirius was greeted by many people, most just inquiring where he'd been during classes. He brushed past it quickly, simply saying he didn't want to go today. When they looked away from Sirius, even if just briefly, their eyes fell on your bandaged leg and crutch, then looking up at your eyes sadly. You shook their hands and waved off their condolences with a smile and optimistic words. Neither of which were truthful. You grabbed your favorite fruit with one hand, and asked Sirius to carry a slice of pie for you. He grabbed two slices of pie, on top of the one for himself, and a few extra pieces of meat. You rolled your eyes, knowing you weren't going to eat that much food, but you were still going to take it. It was the only way you were going to get that pie, and you were getting that pie one way or another.

When you reached the doors of the Hospital Wing, you nearly forgot to put you hood on. You were too distracted with talking to Sirius. You were surprised by how funny he could actually be. He stopped in front of the door, holding the handle. He awkwardly pointed out the hood with just a set of,"Um, uh, yeah." You managed to figure out he was talking about the hood. You felt sad to put it on, as though you were lying to Remus.

As you entered the room, you threw away the remnants of your fruit in a nearby trash bin, you'd eaten it on the walk. You caught up the Sirius when he sat down at his seat next to Remus's bed. He set one plate on his lap, his food, then set the other on your bedside table, your food. You quickly thanked him, awkwardly coughing as you tried to disguise your voice.

Remus looked at his hands quietly for a moment, then looked seriously at Sirius. "Can you tell me what happened now?"

Sirius stuffed a piece of chicken in his mouth, then said some garble with the food still in his mouth. You were sure they weren't even real words, but you couldn't tell. Remus rolled his eyes, and looked expectantly at James. James stole the piece of chicken from Sirius and took his own bite, then handed it to Peter before Remus could even ask him.

You set your crutch against the wall and took your robe off, letting it hang on the handle of the crutch and turning away from them to eat. You stared at the piece of pie. You had picked it out, specifically wanted it. Now it seemed worthless. You couldn't eat it now. Guilt churned your stomach and locked your jaw. You couldn't eat the pie until you had the guilt off your chest.

You turned back to Remus and set the plate of food on the table. He looked up at the sound, and instantly his eyes filled with dread. He looked at your tired face and injured leg. "Is that was happened?" He asked Sirius quietly.

Sirius couldn't respond before you answered. "Hi Remus," You said sadly. "There's a lot for us to talk about."

Sirius stood up from his seat and helped you into it. You leaned on the edge of it, your legs crossed with the injured one on top. Remus wouldn't take his eyes off it. You took a deep breath and rubbed your hands together, hoping they'd give you good luck like a gambler. This, in it's own way, was like gambling, you didn't know how Remus would react.

"Don't worry," You said with a forced smile. "That was just me being stupid." You lifted the leg up and looked at it with a sad laugh.

Remus didn't say anything, and it hurt to think of just what was in his mind. "I know everything," You said. "It's fair you do too."

You nervously pinched the palm of your hand and began speaking. You looked up past him, to the far wall just a centimeter next to his face. You started to cry when you explained how you'd attacked him. He started to cry when you told him about the cuts healing on your sides. James was crying from the beginning, knowing how it all ended. Peter started crying when you tried to explain why you hid from him in the Hospital Wing. Sirius had been crying before the story even started, but let none of them see it.

Remus nearly jumped out of his bed. He cringed as his leg shot with pain, then reached out again without jumping. You tried to stop crying as you hugged him, careful not to touch the wounds on his chest. "I'm so so sorry," You said, still crying.

"Me too," He sobbed uncontrollably.

It was Madam Pomfrey that pulled you two away. "You need sleep Mr. Lupin," She said gently, setting a hand on each of your shoulders.

You nodded at him, trying to smile as you wiped your eyes. You saw his red face and bloodshot eyes from tears and laughed, just as he did when he saw the same on you. Remus fell asleep almost instantly. James and Peter retreated back to their dorms. They weren't excused from classes for the next day, and needed sleep for them. Sirius stayed behind, saying he wasn't going to class whether he slept or not. He fell asleep on the chair, and snored loudly.

You on the other hand, couldn't sleep. You carefully set your pillow behind Sirius's head as he slept, trying not to wake him as you lifted his head up. You stayed up all night, watching to moon pass by in the window next to your bed. You tried to imagine what it would be like to fear the moon, to fear its light as it took away your willpower. It was an unbearable thought, and you looked over to Remus. His pale face that had always been happy. Had always been intelligent and hardworking. Had never given up on his ideals and dreams, all despite this endless burden.

You leaped from your bed and hobbled over the library as fast as your crutch would let you. It wasn't yet closed, and you quietly thanked the library gods, if such gods existed. You found every book on Lycanthropy there was to be found, extremely happy you could now access the restricted section this year. There were too many books to be carried back to the Hospital Wing, so you set up on one of the library tables until the Librarian got fed up and helped you carry them to the Hospital Wing just to get you out of the Library.

The table beside the hospital bed wasn't enough room, even with stacks as tall as six books. The rest were placed on the floor in a pile tall enough to reach the edge of the bed. You only got through one of the books, but it was the largest by far. An old textbook with over eight hundred pages. It was difficult to discern what was true between what was a misconception of an otherwise uninformed people, but you were determined and spent all night cross referencing if with a more recent textbook, one you were using in DADA class.

Remus didn't wake up again until noon. Sirius was woken up early by Madam Pomfrey, who forced him out to go to class and wouldn't let him before classes ended. That left you with an extra six or so hours to continue with a different book. You scribbled notes and ideas onto a piece of scrap paper left behind in a book as a forgotten book mark. It was quickly filled up with incoherent scramblings and drawings. You picked out a random notepad from your bag, and ripped out a few blank pages to continue writing. When Remus woke up, you stashed away the books and used your robe to cover up those on the table. It hadn't even been a day, and you were already hiding another secret from Remus.

You talked with Remus until classes ended, and right away Sirius, James, and Peter came through the doors. Sirius was looking especially grumpy and continued to mutter about unfair teachers, and nurses.