Sirius Black x Armelle

(A/N Happy Birthday Armelle! Sorry this came out late, I hope you like it.)

Requested by: lgunicorn

Armelle was used to seeing fireworks on her birthday. Having barbecue chicken instead of cake, staying up late to see the lights in the sky and set fires in the streets. Watching smoke rise in the distance where trees or houses had been set on fire. Listening to the bangs and hollers of people celebrating all night and all morning until the sun rose. 

Things were different when she moved to England with her family and started going to school with kids who didn't like the idea of setting fire to the streets. Whose parents didn't want them staying out late with a girl who set off fireworks on the sidewalk that sprayed light every which way. They were impossible to predict, and that was part of the fun. Wizards didn't like the kind of fun she liked. They especially didn't like a Muggleborn who liked the kind of fun she liked. 

That was until she met Sirius Black. He was from a pureblood family, and they wanted to keep it that way. For years, as she got used to dull birthdays and lonely streets, he was off in the distance. Never within arm's reach. She saw him at breakfast across the Great Hall, she saw him in potions class, and marching down the hallways with his friends in tow or a girl on his arm. 

In their sixth year, on July the Fourth, when her friends in the states sent her pictures of the parties and fireworks and her mother sent a bite sized cake wrapped tightly in an owl's claws, Armelle got sick of dull and lonely birthdays. 

She grabbed her wand and a spell book, her robe loosely swinging from her shoulders. She had to stop herself from running down the steps to the common room, giving McGonagall a quick nod. 

"Armelle," McGonagall raised her hand, her sleeve wrapped loosely around it. 

Armelle froze, sure she'd gotten caught. She turned around, a smile forcefully placed on her face.

"I'm sorry to bother you so late," McGonagall said with a wry smile. "Have you by chance seen Mr. Black?"

Armelle pursed her lips, distinctly remembering hearing him talking with James about ditching detention. "No Miss," She said politely, surprising herself.

McGonagall nodded curtly. "That boy," She murmured.

Armelle was anxious to leave, her foot tapping silently underneath her school robes. "I'm sorry I couldn't be more help Professor. I should be going now," She held up her school book hoping McGonagall would assume she was just going to the library. McGonagall had always been kind and understanding to Armelle, and she felt a pang of guilt for using that to her advantage now. 

She exited the common room and rounded the corner quickly, pausing to make sure there were no Professors around to see her leave the castle. It was almost curfew, but the guarding spells weren't up yet. The perfect time for her to sneak to the Quidditch pitch. 

She had watched many games on the pitch in her previous years. She'd watched people applaud and scream in an uproar when they won the game. She'd seen the tantrums that'd been thrown after losses. She watched players fall from their brooms and tumble to the ground. A lot had happened on that field. There had been plenty of excitement crossing the grass underneath her toes. Thousands of footprints that had faded away in the dirt.

None of that mattered now. She was going to create her own uproar, leave a permanent footprint, feel the greatest excitement she'd had since coming to Hogwarts. She was sure it would be phenomenal. 

When the time came, Armelle found she didn't even need her spellbook. It fell the ground, slipping from her trembling fingers. She'd practiced this moment so many times in the past week and now that it was finally happening she couldn't stop smiling.