Harry Potter x Reader - Part 2

Apparating was no small magical feat, and it was enough to bring the tingle of magic back in your bones. Your arms shivered at the idea of it, the air around you condensing and falling dead. There were consequences to using magic, especially in a city like this. You couldn't ignore them now.

You couldn't ignore it when a penny dropped from an apartment building and hit you in the forehead. Memories of the people who'd held that penny flooded your mind as you looked up to see who'd dropped it. A window was open, curtains flying out, despite the cold threat of rain hanging over your heads. One of those memories was Harry's. You could feel the magic flowing in his bones. It was so strong you felt it through the penny, the few second he had spent holding it. You kept your head away from tall buildings from then on.

You couldn't ignore it when the clouds loomed over the city for days without rain. A dark sky, cold and ominous. 

You couldn't ignore it when the rain came and it was blood red.

You bought enough groceries to hole yourself up in your apartment until the rain ended. You took work off. You carried the groceries in large bags, one in each hand, and had to do some manuvering to unlock your front door.

In your living room, a dark shadow hovered. You dropped your bags as it rushed at you, reaching for your purse for a weapon.

"I need your help," Harry's face came extremely close to yours. You could see his desperate eyes and feel his cold breath. 

You apparated away instantly, leaving your groceries behind.

You were on a bench outside your apartment when the rain stopped. You sat patiently, watching the window that belonged to your living room. You could clearly see Harry moving around your house. He didn't leave for many days. You got fed up quickly.

He jumped when you opened the door. He turned around in your couch and stared at you in awe. You put a hand up, stopping him from speaking.

"What do you want?"

"You've seen the rain haven't you?" He didn't laugh, even though you expected him to.

"Of course I have," You sighed, walking into your kitchen. The groceries were gone from the floor where you'd dropped them. Harry stood up and followed you. He watched as you opened the fridge, seeing it freshly stocked and organized. The dishes were done too, freshly washed from the sink.

"Did you clean my dishes?" You asked, your brow furrowed.

"Yeah," He said. He stood taller and had a satisfied smile on his face.

"Did you use magic?"

"Yeah," He shrugged as though it were obvious.

"Stop that." You said, then, "Is that what you came here for? To discuss the weather and do my chores?"

"No, it's something else."

You gestured at him to continue. You kept your eyes away from him, reaching up to the cabinets to grab a pan. You set it on the stove, occuping yourself with making dinner rather than giving him the satisfaction of your attention. He wouldn't know it, but you listened intently. You wanted him out of your life as soon as possible.

"The clouds came as soon as I showed up, and I thought it was a coincidence, but are things ever a coincidence with me?"

You tensed up.

"Anyway," He continued. "Then the rain started and I don't think muggles can see it. I haven't seen any wizards too. There are no clubs or restaurants or any underground magic folk. It's like this place is empty."