5. Little red riding hoodie

It was a cold December night and the pack had decided it'd be fun to go ice skating. The plan was to try and get Stiles and Lydia together. Everyone–even Malia, Stiles exe–had noticed the sudden connection between the two. They started hanging out more, away from their friends, just sitting down and talking or watching ridiculous movies together.

There was also more touching; holding hands in the halls, hugs, Lydia leaning into his side and whispering things in his ear to make him smile. Everyone knew it. Everyone knew Lydia had finally fallen in love with the boy who has always loved her.
Kira and Scott were already out on the ice, attempting to teach Malia and Liam how to skate while Lydia and Stiles watch, lacing up their own skates on the benches.

He notices how Lydia shivers slightly, the short sleeved dress she's wearing not exactly helping with the frozen atmosphere.
"Are you cold?" Stiles asks with concern and Lydia shrugs, shaking it off. Stiles takes off his favorite red jacket anyway, wrapping it around Lydia's shoulders and she smiles giving a small "thank you" while slipping her arms down the baggy sleeves. They finish lacing their skates and Stiles nonchalantly grabs Lydia's hand to help her off the bleachers and onto the ice.

"But now your cold." Lydia chuckles, pointing out Stiles own short sleeved shirt and he shrugs, still holding her hand as she guides him around the ice rink. The others notice, making little comments quietly to each other about how they were holding hands or how Lydia would glance back at the slender boy, who still had a little trouble moving around.

At some point, Stiles slipped and fell, dragging Lydia down on top of him and they didn't notice the others staring. Their eyes connected and Stiles heart raced as they seemed to get closer by the minute. Lydia soon realized the silence though, looking up to see the whole pack staring at them so she stands quietly, helping Stiles up as well. The rest of the time, they skated separately, glancing at each other with shy smiles and rosy cheeks. Soon it was time to go and the girls were heading out the door to Lydia's car when Stiles noticed she still had his jacket on. He was about to call her back but decided he like the way it bagged around her slender body, a warm feeling lingering in his heart.

The next day at school, things were equally as awkward as before; no more touching or whispers in ears, no more studying or movies. Just Lydia and Stiles. Scott feared they may have ruined the relationship that was starting to grow but he could still clearly smell the tension between them. Lydia often wore Stiles jacket, even in front of him sometimes, and he'd demand to have it back but she'd make up an excuse every time.

Eventually, the weather warmed up and it was January, the red jacket loosely hanging off of Lydia's petit frame as the pack sat in one of their favorite diners. Almost everything was silent, except a few small conversations about lacrosse and what not. Stiles couldn't take it much longer. He'd been lonely without Lydia, barely talking to her unless it was about something supernatural and it was driving him insane.

"Lydia, can I talk to you?" Stiles asks, fidgeting out of a nervous habit and she nods. They both slide out of their side of the booth, walking to a corner of the diner so they could be alone.
"Are you okay?" Lydia asks, looking back at their group of friends to make sure Scott or Malia isn't listening in.
"I just need to know what's going on." Stiles grabs her attention and she furrows her brows.

"What are you talking about?" Lydia asks and Stiles rocks back and forth on his heels.
"I-I...." Great start, Stiles mentally scolds himself. "Do you even like me anymore?" His voice cracks.
Lydia's mouth is agape, speechless and she finds herself looking back at their booth as if her friends could possibly help.

"Because you've practically been avoiding me." Stiles starts up again. "And I don't get it. We don't hang out anymore unless we're with the others. We used to hold hands or you'd kiss me on the cheek goodbye but now we barely say a word. Not to mention the fact that you wear my jacket around like its your freaking religion."
Lydia was absolutely speechless so she does the only thing she's capable of and pulls at the red material.

"You can have it back now. It doesn't smell like you anymore." She mumbles.
"Wh-what?"
"Your jacket...It doesn't smell like you anymore. I wear it when I need you close or I'd wear it to bed when I missed you but it's been loosing your scent and-" Stiles cuts her off by crashing his lips onto hers, his hands pulling her closer by the waist. She's taken aback at first until eventually melting into him, snaking her arms around his neck. Neither one of them wants to pull away from the other but they have to in order to breath, both cheeks rosy and Stiles brushes loose strands of hair behind her ear.
"I love you so much." He whispers and she lets out a breathy laugh, so overfilled with joy.
"I love you too."
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

Gonna try and double update
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe