20. Catdog

Requested by @Jayster1738 !!!

"Lydia would you listen to me for two goddamn seconds?!"
"Not unless whatever you have to say is even remotely intelligent." The strawberry blonde snipped, storming away. But Stiles was right on her tail, yanking on her wrist to get her to turn around. She was right under him.

"Cats don't slobber." He said
"Yes, but they do use the bathroom inside." She countered, tapping him on the nose before turning and strutting away.
His eyes widened and he threw about his hands sporadically "SO DO WE!" He yelled before jogging to catch up with her.

The two were in their second year of college and were always together (i.e. Now where they are arguing while walking across campus). Most everyone knew they were a thing and never dared touch either Stiles or Lydia. The boy huffed and tried again.
"You can literally train a cat to use the toilet."
Lydia rolled her eyes and stopped walking. She quirked a brow and faked a smile. "And you can literally train a dog to jingle bells on a door when it needs to go out!" She mocked him then continued to head off campus towards the jeep.

"But after awhile you have to scoop the yard." Stiles groaned as if they already owned the animal and had to do such a thing. Lydia scrunched up her nose. He made a fair point and if she won and they got a dog, she'd most likely be forced into doing it because "you won Lydia! That thing is your responsibility more than it is mine!"
But then she thought of a comeback. "You have to scoop a litter box, more often than scooping a yard, might I add." She said, at the curbside and waiting for him to unlock the car doors.
"NOT IF YOU TEACH THEM HOW TO USE THE TOILET, HAVE YOU BEEN LISTENING TO ANYTHING I'VE SAID?" Stiles gaped.

Muttering under his breath like he normally did when frustrated, Stiles unlocked the passenger door before rounding the front of the jeep and getting behind the wheel. This is the usually the part in the argument where neither of them talks, weighing out the values of what the other has said and considering their point of view. They came to a red light when Lydia finally said something, earning Stiles' full attention.

She nervously messed with her fingers before speaking softly. "Stiles you have to understand this is our pre-child. Whatever we decide to get is like practice before kids."
He smiled just looking at her, thinking this is the woman he would marry and have kids with. And he loved her so much that shit he didn't care if they got a dog, even if he was a cat person. With a sigh he turned his eyes back to the road to find the light had gone green.

The next day they found themselves at the animal shelter like two kids in a candy shop. Did they want long or short hair? Small, big, loud and active or quiet and calm. There were several whispered debates until finally they decided on a black short haired male.
"I can't believe we're getting a fucking cat." Lydia grumbled, resting her head in her hand with her elbow on the receptionists counter.

"We're naming him Vader." Stiles announced excitedly, practically bouncing up and down as the man carrying their new pet arrived. Lydia looked at him with crazy eyes.
"Nu-uh! You won so whatever the name on his ticket is, is what we're calling him. Excuse me sir, what's his name?" She asked sweetly.
The man sighed as if this was a troublesome task and checked the tag on the side of the felines crate. "Theo."

Both Stiles and Lydia froze and exchanged a look before confirming simultaneously. "We're naming him Vader."
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

Kinda short but i got it up and I enjoyed this one!
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe