61. I'll be back

"I'll be back."
"You're not going in the first place."
"I'll be back, I promise!" Stiles had barely parked the jeep before grabbing his baseball bat out from the backseat and hopping out his vehicle. Lydia was right behind him though, throwing open the passenger door. She ran to catch up with him.
"Get back, in that Jeep." She warned in a low tone, tugging at his arm. He turned around, hovering over her. His height was always something she forgot about. The boy stooped down to her level and rushed their lips together, fully aware he was running out of time to join the fight but even more aware of the girl in front of him. Lydias heart fluttered. She'd liked Stiles for the longest time but would never act on it because she believed he was still stuck on Malia. Now here he was, kissing her goodbye before running off to essentially get murdered. He pulled away, looking her straight in the eyes and she was sure her body had melted.
"I'm coming back." He told her and didn't linger for a moment before running off into the woods.

It seemed like years Lydia had waited in the jeep for him to come back to her. She had constantly opened the door, got out to go after him, grunted in frustration and then climbed back in. Recently Scott had banned her from an supernatural activity whatsoever. She found her banshee skills not only drained her mentally but physically as well. She constantly felt weak and until they could figure out a way to fix it, she was off the team. Which left a spot open for Stiles. This was the first battle he was allowed to join in on and she was not fond of the thought.

Hours later, she spotted two figures at the edge of the woods. Quickly getting out of the jeep, she ran to meet them halfway there and Lydia was sure she had stopped breathing. He was alive. Her Stiles Stilinski was alive. The sight of him made her eyes water and she stood there, hoping the smirk on his face would wipe away. He took a few steps towards her and stopped with a wince, clutching his side. Only then did she notice that yes, he was in fact alive, but he was practically torn to shreds. She glanced at Scott who looked a million times better than his best friend. There was way too much blood for anyone to feel comfortable.

"Told you I'd come back." He said but if he was trying to be cute, it wasn't working for her.
"WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT?" Lydia shoved him causing a groan to emit from his aching body and he felt light headed. She could care less, shoving him so he stumbled a bit before the girl caught him at the collar of his shirt and pulled him close. "Why would you do that?" She was sobbing completely now to the point where her face was nothing but tears. Lydia surged forward and captured his lips with her own before breaking away all too quickly for his liking. But she was crying so hard now that she could barely breath and she was clinging to him as though she was the one who was wounded. He held on as tightly as he could manage, leaving a loving kiss at her temple.
"I'm kinda bleeding out here, Lydia." He murmured, leaning more into her for support. Scott rushed to help his friend immediately upon hearing the statement, already beginning to imagine what Melissa would have to say about this when they would arrive at the hospital.

"You can't just kiss someone then run off to get murdered." Lydia sniffles, his arm wrapped across her shoulder and the other over Scott's. Stiles groaned and leaned his weight against his friends almost fully now.
"Let me take your pain." Scott offered.
"Dude, don't." Stiles sucked in a harsh breath when Scott tried. "I'm gonna–" but he'd already blacked out.

When he woke again it was to the soft glow of hospital lights and the faint playing of a television in the background.
"Where's Lydia?" He asked.
"You know your dad is so used to our shit that he didn't even come down here? He just called and asked me a bunch of questions. 'Is he breathing?' yes sir, 'how bad is it?' Could be worse sir, 'but he's alive' yes sir, I'll keep an eye on him." Scott simulated the whole conversation for his best friend before answering the actual question. "She's not family so we couldn't sneak her back here. She's in the lobby."
Stiles wanted to argue that Scott himself wasn't technically family but the conversation didn't seem worth actually saying out loud. The information processed so quickly in his brain Scott barely noticed he had started to stand until he made silent noises of struggle. He was still severely torn up.
"Stiles I don't think that's a good idea,"
"It's either this or you figure out a way to get Lydia back here." He stood with a sharp groan and clutched the side of his hospital night gown tightly at his side. The back slipped open a little too much for Scott's liking.
"Alright, damn, calm down, I'll go get her." He assisted getting Stiles back into bed quickly before scurrying out of the room.

He came back a moment later, shoved Lydia into the room and closed the door fast giving Stiles the impression that they had almost gotten caught. His grin couldn't have gotten any bigger when she walked in and she picked up her pace to get to him faster. She stumbled onto the bed beside him and pressed their lips into a full hearted kiss.
"They must have me on some good meds because that was definitely a dream." He chuckled.
"You seriously can't do that anymore." She scolded.
"I know."
"You scared me."
"I know."
She swatted him playfully on the shoulder. "Dick."
"Alright, yeah, yeah you two are cute, just try not to get your heart rate up or a doctor will come in here and catch us." Scott rolled his eyes and the couple laughed at his parent-like nature.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

I'm seriously so bad at endings and I need to work on that.
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe