37.Bookshelf

He was indecisive. Peeking around the bookcase once more, Stiles caught a glimpse of the struggling girl. All he'd wanted was to wander around the bookstore but now he was awestruck by some stranger attempting to reach a book on the top shelf. But she was too short. So he kept peeking around he corner like some sort of idiot, watching the girl with strawberry blonde curls groan with frustration. With a brave breath, Stiles turned around the corner and walked straight toward the girl. He stopped at her side and she embarrassingly stood still, not wanting to attempt what she had been for the last ten minutes, in front of him. He gazed up at the selection from the top shelf but quickly spotted the one she had been looking for. So he easily reached up, took it for the beautiful stranger.

He offered it to her with a smile. Instead of getting one in turn, she almost seemed angry.
"Put it back." She commanded, voice just as small as her. He quirked a brow.
"Sorry, you just looked like you needed help." He said.
"I don't need help, put it back!" The girl stomped her foot like an angry child causing Stiles to chuckle and replace the book to its original spot. He stood back, crossed his arms and waiting for her to do something. When she didn't, he gestured to the book. She rolled her eyes, turning to face her challenge, deciding the best way to handle it. Sighing, the girl took him by surprise and actually began to climb to reach her book, using the bookcase like rungs on a ladder. It wasn't until she actually reached for the novel did she realize her mistake.

With the book in one hand, the other slipped causing her to begin falling but luckily Stiles was still watching. He lunged forward, hands gripping her waist to catch her. He could hear the breath of relief leave her lips as he helped her down. She turned around to face him but looked down at the cover of the novel in her hands.
"Ghost Fleet. That's a good one. You'll definitely like it." He smiled and she looked up with a small one of her own.
"Wow." She whispered.
He almost panicked. "What?"
"Sorry, nothing. You just have really pretty eyes." She blushed and he chuckled.
"Isn't that what I'm supposed to tell you? . . . I'm Stiles."
"Lydia." And she smiled fully, pearl white teeth to match everything else that was seemingly perfect about the girl.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

Short oml but I thought this was a cute idea.
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe