26. College

"Okay so we have clothes, electronics, books, movies, miscellaneous." Lydia named off, counting the brown moving boxes in the trunk of her car.
"Star Wars?" Stiles cut in.
"I'm pretty sure that would be in the movie box." She sassed and he rolled his eyes playfully, closing the trunk. College. College. Even saying it out loud didn't sound real. They were going to college? High school used to seem endless, what happened?

Lydia watches him sigh, blank expression on his face as his eyes move from her car to his house, the house he'd lived in since forever ago. For a bit the air was silent, holding no promises for the future, telling him that high school had been hard but that didn't mean college was going to be a breeze. She heard his thoughts. "We could stay a little longer if you want." She offers. It was a two hour drive and they had plenty of time to kill seeing as it was barely noon. He looked down at her with a soft smile, wrapping his arm around her waist (because he could do that now without being questioned), and sighed again.
"Nah. . . Let's go."
She nodded and rounded the car just as he did, both wasting no time in their journey.

They held a conversation for a bit, mostly about what courses they were taking. He gawked when she spoke about her three math classes, how she wasn't sure what she wanted to do after college but definitely wanted her masters. after a while of that he reclined his seat and fell asleep. She didn't mind. He hadn't told her but she knew he didn't sleep the night before, too worried about what was to come. So for around an hour it was just her and some soft music, along with a few words and grumbles from the boy next to her.

"Stiles." She averted her eyes for a second to push on his side. He only shifted so she poked him again and he shot forward, the seatbelt nearly choking him. "We have like thirty minutes left." She announced.
"Oh. . ." He sat up and yawned, returning the seat to its original position. "Sorry I slept the whole time."
She brushed it off with the smile he'd always loved and would continue to love into infinity. Conversation started again about nothing in particular, a song came on the radio and Stiles turned it up so he could sing horribly, they argued over directions, until finally they had arrived.

It took a while, mainly because they would come across something and reminisce for a moment before putting it away in its spot. There was a photo of him and Scott from freshman or sophomore year, his diploma, and then there was the essay.

Lydia snickered, unfolding the crinkled piece of colored paper to immediately spy her name. "Wow, your handwriting was horrific."
Stiles paused with unpacking, looking over his shoulder to where she stood. "What is that?" He furrowed his brows but she gave no reply, continuing to read silently as he slowly approached.
"'Lydia has really pretty hair'." She read, glancing at him.

His eyes widened and he grabbed the paper causing Lydia to laugh as he muttered something about not continuing to read that. She smiled. They were close, one step from either and they would collide. His fingers nervously held her waist and she found warmth in his touch. "You'll come see me, right?" He asked.
What an odd question, she thought. "Of course." She was a bright light in his dreary little world.

"Good cause I'm only two hours away from Beacon Hills but I'm seven hours away from you." He wasn't sure he could last that long without her. Then that thought rolled into something that made him more upset than being seven hours away from the girl; the lonely rides to visit. She'd be alone for seven hours, fourteen if you count both ways. All to see him. He pulled her close, kissing her forehead before simply holding her. "Damn, I just got you back." He chuckled and she did too (a little something to break the tension).
"You're going to have me for a while, don't worry." She took a deep breath, as if memorizing his scent.

They stood there for a while, neither really wanting to moved, the girl wrapped in his arms. He couldn't help but smile into her strawberry locks. Dammit she was his and he still couldn't believe it had finally happened.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

TWO UPDATES?? MAKING UP FOR LOST TIME VERY NICE BYE.
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe