41. Tattoo

"He has a lot of tattoos." Allison practically leaned over the entire table to get Lydia to hear the obvious statement. They had been staring far too long for it not to be noticeable but surprisingly their waiter hadn't seen. Or that's what they thought. The tall brunette with dark eyes most definitely saw the two girls looking at him with equal parts curiosity and fear. He couldn't blame them, it happened daily. The sleeves of ink and lip ring weren't all that hard to notice. With a low smirk (hell maybe an amused chuckle left his lips), he made his way back to their table and pretended he hadn't seen the way they were attempting to fein their stares.

He stood over them, seeming taller than before. Lydia felt her breath catch in her throat. Why wasn't he talking? Why is he just looking at us? Quirking a brow he said, "well? Do you know what you want?"
"You." Allison snickered under her breath and Lydia kicked her, already scared by the boys presence. "I'll have the omelet meal."
"And I'll have the biggest cinnamon-blueberry muffin you have."  Lydia smiled. Her heart dropped. He was looking directly at her. A blush surely appeared on her cheeks.
"That's it?" He questioned then smirked, writing down her order. "You're gonna have to eat a little more, pageant queen." He muttered while walking off but she caught the remark.

Lydia glared at the back of his head before turning to her friend.
"He was definitely flirting with you." Allison laughed.
"Did you see the spirals on the back of his neck?" Lydia whispered across the table. They both looked for him at the mention. And Allison saw the spirals she spoke of, three of them all connected right below his hairline and another by itself underneath that one, half hidden by his shirt. He returned a minute later with their orders.
"Here's the omelet and" now he was looking Lydia right in the eye again. "Two of the biggest cinnamon-blueberry muffins for Red."
"But I only ordered one."
"The second's on me. . .is there any reason you both keep staring at me?" He asked, one corner of his grin lifting up.
Allison didn't hold back. "Cause you're cute."
He hadn't expected her to be honest. His mouth dropped open and he started acting a little more nervous. Lydia was surprised; he had been intimidating this whole time but suddenly you call him cute and he's a mess. Now Allison had the upper hand.
"Th-that's uh–" he stuttered briefly, clearing his throat. "Thanks." His bad boy appearance returned.
"Not so tough, huh?" Allison raised a brow.

Lydia quickly changed the subject. "You have a triskelion tattooed on your neck." She blurted out. He grinned.
"Yeah, so?"
"So it makes me wonder what other symbolic tattoos you have." She tempted him.
He looked around the cafe for a bit before pulling out a chair from another table and joining them, keeping his head low and speaking quietly as though if anyone saw him sitting he would be fired. The boy turned his left arm over on the table so both girls could see the tattoos there.
"Aztec gods." Lydia let out a breath, a smile peaking her lips. She hadn't meant to but she couldn't help herself; she grabbed his arm and brought it closer to her so she could see more clearly, running her thumb over the ink. His eyes widened.
"I-I'm Stiles." He stuttered then cursed under his breath causing Lydia to look up at him and let go of his arm.
"You mean Stiles is your name?" Lydia asked, not trying to be rude but just genuinely curious.
"Yeah well at least it's not something stereotypical, your friends must be something like Allison." He scoffed.
The dark haired girl (who had basically been ignored up until this moment) swatted him on the shoulder with a scowl. "Hey!"
"Shit, really? My bad." Stiles chuckled but turned back to the strawberry blonde. "So how bout that name?"

She smiled and spoke quietly. "Lydia."
Stiles hummed, rolled the word around in his brain. He liked it.
"What are you doing Friday?" He asked so she decided to toy with him.
"Avoiding you, now that you asked." She teased.
"Be here at six." He said and stood without giving her the option to say yes or no. Allison with grinning and squealing quietly at her friend and the boy who had just asked her on a date.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

Short, sweet, eh.
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe