4. A Little Void

"It's like a sacrifice." Scott explains, leaning against his kitchen table as Lydia sits in on of the chairs next to Stiles. The tall boy coughs and sputters, pulling the jacket on his shoulders closer to him in an attempt to search for warmth. Lydia notices, placing a small hand on his back while rubbing it in a soothing notion. He was pale and weak and she didn't like that.

"A sacrifice?" Stiles asks, pain enveloping his voice.
"One of us would have to become void..." Scott explains. "Someone Stiles could never leave behind."
"So you go void to fix him and then you just go back to normal?" Lydia asks. Scott sighs, rubbing the back of his neck.
"Not me." He says, looking towards Lydia.

Stiles' eyes flutter silently and his body starts to go limp, the boy swaying slightly causing Lydia to grab hold of him tighter.
"Stiles?" She turns to face him, his breathing loud and uneven. "Is it a panic attack?"
He shakes his head 'no'. "I can't let you do that."
"And I can't let you stay like this forever." Lydia counters.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"After you get the fox out of him, it'll be like an extra skin and we'll have to join the two Stiles' together." Deaton says.
"Who will bring Lydia back?" Stiles asks, not really worried about himself at this point. She was strapped down to a metal table, completely still due to some shot Deaton had given her to seduce the girl. She looked so fragile and he almost cried just looking at her.

"Once we get you put back together you'll have to be the one to pull her out of the void state." Deaton says and Stiles nods.
"She'll be okay?" His voice breaks and Deaton gives a hesitant nod. The boy still wasn't okay with this. He wasn't okay at all. The veterinarian pulls out a long needle from one of his drawers, already filled with a bright purple liquid and Stiles has to bite his tongue.

He closes his eyes, hearing Lydia whimper as the serum is injected into her skin. He feels Scott's hand placed upon his shoulder, signaling it was okay to look and hesitantly the boy does so. She'll be okay. She'll be okay. He has to repeat as Scott helps him stand. The alpha starts to pull him to the door but Stiles manages to say his name causing Scott to stop. His caramel eyes wouldn't leave Lydia and Scott seemed to understand, helping him move towards the table where she lay.

He smiles weakly, brushing back her hair and placing a kiss on her cheek before tugging on Scott's arm, signaling they should go.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
She was still Lydia. Surely she was still the sweet girl he had fallen in love with back in the third grade.

But as the restraints broke under her strength and they watched from a small camera Deaton had hid in the room, it clearly was not the same Lydia. A smirk seemed permanently set on her lips and she laughed wickedly despite no one being in the room. Her heels seemed to click maniacally on the concrete floor as she struts towards the exit, blowing a kiss to the camera before leaving.

It was almost instinct how easy Lydia had found Void Stiles. A connection.
"And they think you're going to try and stop me?" Void Stiles throws his head back in laughter, leaning against the brick wall of an alleyway somewhere around the sketchy part of Beacon Hills where the drunks hung around bars that were open 24/7.
"They're easy to fool." Lydia laughs as she stands in front of him. She grins, grabbing the neck of his shirt to bring him down in a hasty kiss that was all but innocent.

He grabs a hold of her hand, dragging her out into the street behind him with a grin.
"Where are we going?" Lydia asks.
"Eichen." He breaths the word and the girl recalls what void Stiles had said earlier about feeding off of chaos, strife, and pain. Eichen seemed to hold all of those things.

Just as they turn a corner, Japanese Warriors fall in behind the two and Lydia pouts. "Will I ever get an oni?" She asks, voice in his ear and her breath tickling his neck. He chuckles, the sound emitting deep from his throat.
"You've got to be patient." He says causing Lydia to groan. They arrive at Eichen shortly after that with the pale girl clinging onto the thin boys arm, both of their eyes dark with mischief.

They were surely going to cause a lot of trouble. Pushing open the front doors of Eichen, the Oni set to killing everyone in sight with a single snap of the fingers.
"You think blood would be a good nail color?" Lydia asks, holding out her hand to eye level while glancing at a body on the floor covered in a rich red. Void Stiles laughs, shaking his head while stepping over a body to look at a list of patients hanging from the wall.

"LYDIA!" The girl snaps her head around, a part of the evil demeanor breaking inside as she watches the real Stiles struggle through the front door of Eichen. Where was Scott or Deaton? Why was he here alone? She tried her best not to react as he stumbled a little, followed by a cough that sounded as though his throat was deteriorating. She was confused as to why she suddenly felt normal again.

Was it really that easy for Stiles to bring her back?

"The dead bastard would follow you anywhere, huh?" Void Stiles laughs and Lydia gives a scoff she wasn't sure was convincing at all. As if he already knew, Void looks down at her then back to the boy still at the entrance. "Go get him....bring 'em here." He commands.
Lydia rolls her eyes, heels still clicking and clacking as she obeys.

"L-Lyds." Stiles manages with a weak smile that made her heart shred into a million pieces. She gives him a sympathetic look and a small raise of the brows as if to say 'just go along with what I'm about to do' and he gives a subtle nod in return.
"Stop being such a wuss!" Lydia groans, grabbing onto his forearm with strength he didn't know she had and she can hear him wince making it that much harder to continue throwing him around roughly.

"Your precious Lydia Martin," she says in a mocking tone, "is gone. And I'm all that's left of her, sweetcheeks." She grins, messing up his hair before bringing him to his knees. Stiles was making the most horrid of sounds, every time a new one escaped his lips Lydia almost sunk to her knees right next to him. Void Stiles taps his cheek with a finger and the girl bites her tongue.

But instead of a kiss, he gets a slap, stumbling backwards with a chuckle before hovering over her again. She smiles, placing a small kiss on his lips before the two of them turn back to the boy on the ground. Three Oni suddenly appear around him.
"No!" Lydia interjects only to realize her mistake. "I-I mean, no. He would be an asset to–"
"Save it." Void Stiles pushes her to the ground with no care and Stiles tries to crawl to her.

"Lydia..." He whispers to grab her attention as the Oni draw out their katana's. With a tear she looks to the boy she'd fallen in love with. The boy she was soon to die with but something glints in her eye. Barely slipping out of the pocket in Stiles' shirt was the small dagger that was surely their only chance to survive. With a deep breath she reacts quickly, grabbing the small symbol of hope from his pocket before snapping it in half and not only seconds later were three katana's embedded in Void Stiles' abdomen.

They'd won. Lydia lets out a breath of relief as his body topples over and she turns to–
"Stiles?" He was too still. A sob escapes her as she desperately crawls over to him, immediately pulling his body into her lap. "Stiles!" She yells while cupping his face with tears flowing from her eyes.
"Stiles, you have to wake up." She weeps. He couldn't leave her.

He wasn't allowed to.

"Please, can you please..." Her forehead falls to his chest and suddenly he gasps, life filling his lungs. Lydia had never clung onto someone so hard, as if she depended upon him for survival. Her sobs were still there but now full of joy as Stiles sat up slightly and wrapped an arm around the girl. She sits up with him and in an instant their lips meet. It was everything that needed to be said without actual words. It was perfect.

"You scared me." Lydia gives a weak smile upon separation.
"And you saved me." He grins back.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

For @Brallieandstydia kind of void but...not...void.... I tried *shrugs*!
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe