23. The Sun

Intoxication described the way he looks at her. It wasn't strong enough to explain the feeling shared between them in this moment (but we'll get to that later). No, intoxication was for when she smiled. Intoxicating was for when she spoke. Intoxicated was what he felt when she said his name– the way he looks at her in drunken beauty. And her laugh. God that laugh he hadn't heard in what literally must have been forever, that had brightened his day. It made him smile and watch her more intently rather then listen to what had been said.

He had this theory her laugh could part rain clouds and that she was an unstoppable hurricane. She wrecked havoc, tore him to shreds but quenched his thirst. Anyone was crazy to believe he'd ever stop loving her. Because even when they said he hadn't, he had.

Only that one day the two of them remembered did Stiles ever think she might've finally felt it too. what she didn't tell him is that she'd noticed all along. He had constellations along his cheeks, a smile on his sleeve, her heart unconsciously in his hands. Maybe he didn't mean to but when his fingers ran across her shoulders in some form of side hug, he left a river running along her skin.

It rained when he was sad or frustrated, a little cloud hanging like decor in the corner of the girls room. She felt him. (She was sure they had some form of connection). Then that one day finally came and she almost couldn't believe when he claimed he couldn't breath.

She stared at him and he began to imagine this is what it would be like anytime they were this close; only out of necessity, for his safety, to make sure he kept on breathing but not like how he was now (all shaky and wheezy and weak). Her palm and fingers tucked and threaded their way through his hair. He could've sworn she brought them closer. There were expansive galaxies layered upon one another hidden in her eyes and her lips were moving but meteors exploded in his ears.

He knew he wouldn't die (if anything he'd only faint) but he couldn't help feel like if he were to die, what a better way than to look at the universe that was this girl. But not on the locker room floor with panic filling his lungs and threatening to spill over.
"Think about something else, friends, family."
He threw her a strange look and she took back the statement immediately. Think about something else.

So he thought about her.

He thought about them; about the way she glanced at their hands when he wanted to protect her, how he grabbed it subconsciously when he felt she had been threatened. He thought about how her cheeks heated up in an argument when they bickered, how much he'd love to hold them. And he thought about how over two years ago, she had barely known his name. But most of all, he thought about this moment, right here.

He thought that if they kissed right now maybe the stars would explode. No. But when they finally met; it's like the sun came out.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

So in case you didn't know the first chapter of Toxic Twelve is up!!! GO CHECK IT OUT!!
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe