Interrupting Pt.2

Nearly two weeks later

It had been a long day that mostly consisted of college mid terms and unnecessary essays so by the time Stiles arrived home, he was ready for a good laugh. He was ready for Lydia. He was ready to see her strawberry blonde curls, ready to smell her perfume and tell her jokes to make her grin. Even unlocking the front door had him smiling at the thought and he swung it open with much more force than necessary, causing it to hit the wall behind it. Letting out a small 'oops', he scanned the room quickly for his room mate. But he didn't expect to see his best friend as well.

Scott was sitting on their couch, an arm wrapped around Lydia as the girl curled into his side. Tears stained her cheeks and her eyes were red. Stiles had never seen her like this before, his mood dropping instantly and changing to one of great concern. He set his backpack down by the front door "Hey, what's going on? Why didn't you call me?" He spoke softly now, shuffling his way over to where they sat. Kneeling in front of the girl, his hands found her calves and he began to rub them in an attempt to sooth her.
Scott spoke for her. "Lydia's just having a hard time with something right now." As if hearing her name was some sort of sign, she let out another small cry, the kind you couldn't really help like she was trying not to sob but it wasn't exactly working.
"I can help?" Stiles offered.
Scott answered once again. "I think we talked it all out. Right? You okay?" He shook her a bit and she actually managed a smile and a nod. But she hadn't looked Stiles in the eyes once.
"I just want to lay in bed and watch movies." She murmured shyly. Scott gave Stiles a serious look, raising a brow to hint maybe he should give her space.

He watched on carefully as Scott led the fragile girl to her room, something he felt he should be doing but after his best friend tucked her in and turned on her favorite film, Stiles immediately attacked him with questions.
"It's me, isn't it?" He asked in a panic
"Dude, you broke parole."
"What?"
"She saw you out at lunch with that girl."
Stiles shook his head. "No, no, I couldn't help that. We got suck with this stupid project together, that's not my fault."
"Then tell her that. You have to be honest, that's all she's looking for." Scott said. He stayed for a minute or two to reassure his friends doubts and when he finally left the apartment didn't feel like a home. It felt more like a chess board: one wrong move and the game was over.

1) apologize to Lydia and explain [see #3]
2) apologize to Lydia profusely and explain [see #3]
3) pray she'll understand

He knocked on her door lightly. A faint and crackled 'come in' came from the other side and he entered slowly. Lydia was barely visible beneath a thick layer of blankets and Stiles cracked a small smile, sitting on the corner of her bed. Reality set back in when he heard her sniffle, his brain flashing pictures of her crying in his mind. He hated when she was sad. He hated it even more when he was the reason why. He wanted nothing more than to move closer, wipe her cheeks and hold her against him.
She sniffles again. "I'm fine if that's what you came in here to ask."
Only then did he realize how long he had been sitting on the end of her bed without actually saying anything.
"I–" he cut himself off and sighed, thinking.
Lydia burrowed a little further into the mattress. "Scott told you."
"Yeah." He nodded nervously. She didn't respond, eyes glued to the film on her laptop. Biting his bottom lip, Stiles closed the device so she could focus on him. "We got grouped together for a project, it's nothing."
"Okay."
"I know it's not nothing but we don't even really talk about anything other than the work. In fact all we talk about is the work. Just the work."
"I said, okay." She repeated. The way she said it made him think she was still upset. She was still upset.

But he pushed through the invisible barrier and moved closer to her. Lydia only blinked in response.
"Well are you going to let me lay next to you?"
"I'd rather not." She mumbled into the blankets.
"I either lay next to you or on top of you." He stated. She didn't budge. With an exaggerated sigh Stiles crawled over her body and planted himself there, the girl groaning when he settled all of his weight on top of her.
"Get off!" She laughed and attempted to push him off but he was grinning at how much she was trying. She pushed really hard, one last time before finally giving up. Stiles lifted himself off her just enough so he could look her in the eyes.
"Do you trust me?" He asked.
"No," she smiled playfully, "but you'll get over it."
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

Part 3 is in progress.
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe