46.Fight

Stiles sighed and grabbed his pillow from their mattress, eyeing Lydia from where she stood in the doorway of the bathroom. Her arms were crossed defiantly over her chest, and she seemed more mad at him than he was at her. In fact, he wasn't angry at all anymore.
"Goodnight I guess." He cleared his throat, tucked his pillow under his arm. "Love you."
She didn't say it back, turning into the bathroom. He had to bite his tongue, leaving their bedroom and heading towards the living room.

Tonight, he would sleep on the couch.

He groaned at the sight of it, the sunken in cushions that would cause him back pain in the morning. He didn't even remember how the fight had started or what exactly what it was about. The topic had switched from jealousy to the supernatural so many times he had lost track. It was constant, "I'm a banshee, you don't understand" matched with retaliation of, "I'm human, how do you think I feel?". More often than not, she would say something he couldn't respond to, something that made his heart break because he hadn't known anything was wrong between them.
"You just–" she cut herself off, grunting in frustration. "You just don't know what it's like."
"Lyds, but I try to."
"But you'll never get it! You'll never understand what it feels like to constantly know someone is dying. You'll never hear the voices in your head and try to figure out if they're real or if you're going crazy again. And you can try all you want but you will never get it."

The sun woke him in the morning and he felt a familiar weight pressing down on his chest, opening his eyes to see Lydia sound asleep on top of him. His shirt was stained with tears he hadn't been awake to wipe away last night and he curled his fingers into her hair in an attempt to wake her. When that didn't work, he began to kiss along her face until she hummed.
"Couldn't sleep?" He whispered and kissed her forehead.
"I didn't say I loved you last night," she was suddenly wide awake, sitting up to see his face. "I love you too, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry."
He forgave her instantly, understanding. "We need to learn to communicate more, that's all."
He nodded, kissed her again. Everything felt good.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

Short but eh. Requested by @Kxxdia
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe