62.I Love You

She whispered it in his ear, late one night when she was too lazy to get out of bed and close the curtains so the sun wouldn't wake them up in the morning. They lay watching the stars pass, Stiles' fingers curling around her hair and Lydias head resting on his chest, following the slow rise and fall of his breathing. She knew for a while but decided then and there in the silence of a dark room that she wanted him to know. Sitting up just enough to move closer to him, Lydia couldn't fight a grin.
"Stiles," she whispered.
"Hm?" He was half asleep already.
Lydia threaded a hand through the short hair at his nape, pecked his jawline. "I love you."

He sat up on his elbows quickly and rubbed an eye with one hand, the other still closed. "What did you just say?" He asked, voice rough with sleep.
Lydia chuckled and cupped his cheeks in her hands. "I said, I love you."
He held his breath. It was the first time one of them had said it to the other. He always knew but was shocked to hear it escape from her first.
"I–..." He gave an airy chuckle of disbelief and his voice had softened, so soft she was barely able to hear it. "I love you too." He smiled and gave her a kiss.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

Short but lol your girl is alive. Miss me? (Probably not)
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe