7. The Christmas present

Lydia had waited almost two weeks for Christmas morning. She didn't care about her present, not at all, she was more excited for Stiles to open his. The couple had moved into an apartment three months ago, both still ecstatic about their new life together and everything was perfect.

"IT'S CHIRSTMAS!" Stiles yells causing Lydia to wake up with a groan. He tackles the girl to the bed with small kisses all over her face quickly turning her grumpiness into some soft laughs and a smile. "Can we open presents?" He asks like a little kid.
Her stomach flutters. "Uh...yeah. Open mine first though..." She instructs.

Stiles scrambles off of the bed and into the small living room before returning on the bed with both his and her present. The bigger one was wrapped in red paper quite messily, scribbled hand writing on the tag indicating it was Lydia's. The smaller box was neatly wrapped and she almost laughed at the comparison.

Lydia sits up with a smile, watching as he opens up the box and slowly her nervousness drifted away. His mouth falls open into an 'o' shape as he holds up the orange and blue fabric.
"Alright, a Mets beanie!" He exclaims, pulling it on over his hair and Lydia laughs.
"Stiles, no–" she interrupts herself with another laugh.

"It's kind of small...." He states and Lydia rolls her eyes, tearing the hat off of his head.
"There's more." She points to the box and Stiles excitedly digs back in. There was a smaller box, purple striping the edges and he looks to the package with equal confusion and full knowledge.
"A...pregnancy test?" He questions, lifting his eyes from the box. Lydia breaks out into a smile and she lifts the hat again to his eyesight, clearly the beanie not for him. "Lyds, are you," she nods frantically.

There was the exchanging of kisses and smiles until eventually Stiles settles in next to Lydia as he allows her to open her present.
"I didn't want it to be so obvious." He chuckles at her expression, so similar to the one he wore moments ago. The large box was filled with colorful tissue paper with a small black box sitting on top of all the fluff. Stiles grabs it and opens the top, taking out the silver ring inside while grabbing her hand.

"Merry Christmas." He pecks her lips before they stare at the delicate ring on her left hand.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

SHORT SHORT SHORT I KNOW IM SORRY HAPPY WEEKEND.
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe