A "No Clue" one shot

"WE'RE HOME." Lydia yelled loud enough for the two teens to hear, in case they were in the midst of doing anything they wouldn't want to be caught doing. This in turn caused Stiles to punch her lightly on the arm. If they were going to catch them, they were going to catch them and shouldn't give out any warnings. Lydia purses her lips and punched him right back, harder than he had.
"And we're right here, on the couch where you left us." Claudia rolled her eyes as Lydia traveled upstairs to change out of her dress. Stiles peaked around the corner at his daughter, glancing at the closeness of her boyfriend.
"Peter, move."
"Yes sir." The boy answered immediately and went to the opposite end of the couch.
"Peter." Claudia scolded.
He shrugged. "What? I wanna stay on his good side."
The girl glares at her father but he was unaffected, immune to the looks that resembled her mother's too much for comfort.

Satisfied with his results, Stiles left them alone and joined his wife in their room.
"Thank you, for today." Lydia smiled and he did as well, begging their nightly routine of changing into softer clothes and speaking in low voices. He welcomed her in a whisper while falling against the bed with a sigh. Anything for her, he said. Everything for her, he murmured. She smiled, a captivating little thing and crawled on top of him, her head resting on his chest. Almost immediately his hand went to trailing soft designs on her back.
"Can Peter stay the night?" Claudia called from downstairs.
"NO!" Both parents answered at the same time.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The problem starts with the fact that Lydia is a stay at home mother, Stiles was working, and Claudia was out with friends today. Based on all of these facts, Lydia is home alone until Stiles returns from work. Most of the time, he'll call her when he's off duty and they'll stay on the phone until he has to go back out, even if that means listening to the low static of the line for thirty minutes. She was busy today, doing a lot of spring cleaning, so much so that the floors practically shined. Every time she had called him he must have been out on duty and every time he called back she was off dusting something for the fifth time.

Never had Claudia ever seen her parents fight this big.

"Because you're the one who's been here all day, not me!" Stiles yelled as his daughter walked silently through the front door. She wanted to eavesdrop, a trait she had ironically inherited from her father. "And I know it's not Claudia cause she was at a friends all day." His voice was threatening, a little scary and she began to worry why her mother hadn't said anything back. The girl stood at the end of the stairs and examined the pictures of her little family hanging on the wall.

"Stiles–" Lydia tried but was interrupted.
"I found a condom wrapper after a long day of work, knowing you were here alone can I please just have a minute to process this." It wasn't a yell, wasn't anything close to that but their bedroom door did slam. Claudia bounded up the stairs to find her mom in the middle of the hall, just staring at where she assumed her father had been.

"You didn't tell him it was me." She was astonished.
"He'll figure it out." She was still staring.
"How are you so calm?"
Lydia looked lovingly at her daughter and shrugged. She messed with Claudia's hair, a warm smile on her face, before leaving to go downstairs. But guilt rang over Claudia. Her mother had texted her with initial frustration at her discovery. It was a big deal! After a minute and a threaten to come and pick her up from the friends house she was at, Lydia calmed. She realized it had already happened and told her daughter she was still mad but was glad she had decided to be safe.  Claudia told her she loved Peter and spoke for a minute or two about how caring he was as well, how he painted her a picture of their future together. And I suppose that helped, reminding Lydia of her own husband.

With a deep and shaking breath, Claudia knocked on her parents bedroom door before entering.
"Dad–"
Lydia appeared behind her suddenly, "Claudia don't ,"
"It was me. It was me and Peter." She finished before her mother could stop her. Stiles was sitting on the edge of the bed, a little confused, still a little too mad to fully soak in what she was saying.
"What?" He said  innocently, genuinely asking her to repeat herself.
"The condom you found, it wasn't from mom, it was from me. . . Peter and I–" she cut herself short, "you were on date night yesterday." She finished.

Stiles didn't move. He hadn't moved and it scared her shitless. "Dad?" Cause even yelling would have been better than the silence. Slowly, cautiously, she stepped further in the room. His mouth opened but nothing came out so he closed it again, Claudia sitting next to him.
"Y-you– holy shit." He stuttered and wrapped an arm around her as she lay her head on his shoulder. Lydia smiled from the doorway. He couldn't believe it: his little girl had– and with that punk ass bastard she loved so much. Stiles practically withered, pulling his daughter into his chest. A sniffle escaped him and Claudia's eyes widened, darting to her mother who offered her a wincing smile. Her father squeezed her tighter, practically crushing her skull.

"I'm going to kill him." Stiles finally spoke.
"Promise you won't kill him." Claudia groaned.
"have I ever told you what I can do with a spoon?"
"Dad." She looked at him with all seriousness. Sighing, he opened his mouth to begin his promise.

But the doorbell rang.

Everyone froze. No movement. No noise. Not until the doorbell rang a second time. Stiles was on his feet in a flash, bounding down the stairs with his daughter and wife in toe, yelling at him not to do anything too rash. It was practically too late. He barely had time to open the door and see if it was Peter or not before punching him right in the nose. The teen was sent flying backwards to the ground as both girls gasped and rushed past Stiles.

"Jesus, feel better?!" Lydia exclaimed, sitting the boy upright.
". . .no actually, why the hell don't I feel better I've wanted to do that to him since Claudia was seven." Stiles spat.
"Nice to see you too, Sir." Peter groaned as Claudia helped him to stand, one of his hands under his nose to try and stop the flow of blood. The two younger ones slid past him and into the house, one with a blazing glare and the other with a loopy smile. Stiles' eyes stayed on them until they were out of sight, going to the kitchen to probably retrieve a towel. He turned back to his wife. The same look rode her face, but hers was a bit more harsher. She passed by him with a scowl. Stiles sighed. He never won.

He followed them all inside, rubbing the back of his neck guiltily as the girls lowered Peter onto the sofa.
"Sorry bout that." He forced out (he wasn't sorry at all. . .okay maybe a little).
"That's alright." The teen smiled, causing his nose to shift which in turn caused him to cuss silently and lurch forward a little. Claudia got closer to him, one hand on his back, the other helping him hold a towel and a bag of peas to his nose.

They allowed Peter to stay over on the condition that he stay in the guest room and both teens locked the doors. That was easy enough because two minutes after Peter had locked his door, silent snores could be heard. Claudia struggled to sleep for some unknown reason, tossing relentlessly until finally she decided to go downstairs for a bowl of ice cream. What she found instead, came with slight surprise. The girl furrowed her brows, leaning over the back of the couch with curiosity before poking the figure that lie there.
"Dad?" She pokes the lump again and sure enough her father sits up, half asleep.
"What happened? Who's dead!?" He exclaimed. Upon realizing it was only Claudia, he sighed and rubbed his eyes, mumbling a greeting.
"Why are you sleeping on the couch. . ." She asks. Stiles kept quiet.

She knew the reason, obviously, her mother was mad and was done hearing him trying to back up something stupid he'd done. It happened occasionally, not often enough that anyone was worried though. Claudia shook her fathers hair, making it more of a mess than it already was before heading to the kitchen. She got out two bowls and two spoons, serving them each some rocky road before joining Stiles on the couch. And despite everything (even the little bloodstain she could see on the arm of the couch from Peter earlier), she leaned her head on his shoulder and they ate together.
"I'm sorry." She apologized.
"For what?"
"I'm basically the reason you're down here."
He gave her a look and almost laughed. "I punched your boyfriend in the face, I think I won this trophy on my own."
Claudia gave him the curtesy of a slightly uncomfortable chuckle. They ate the rest of their ice cream silently, fell asleep with Stiles telling the girl stories of when she was younger, and didn't wake up, even when Lydia found them like that in the morning.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

"You never post, blah blah blah!"
Yeah well I'm working on another fanfiction + the school year is ending. DONT GIVE UP ON ME.
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe