10. The Dinner

"So I invited Lydia to dinner." Were the first words out of the sheriff's mouth as soon as his son was downstairs. Stiles raised his brows and looked around as if the man hadn't spoken to him. Despite the randomness of it all, Stiles joined his father in the kitchen. He nonchalantly picked an apple from a basket of fruit and took a bite. "Do you know why I asked her to come?"

Stiles stopped mid chew. Why? Why? They invited Scott to dinner all the time, this couldn't be any different. Once again, the boy looked over his shoulder as if someone else's was in the room.
"Did I....do something wrong?" He eases, leaning on the counter.
"Not exactly." The sheriff watches his son carefully. Now Stiles was completely confused. If he hadn't done something wrong then why was Lydia coming over?
"Did," he glanced up at his father "Lydia do something wrong?" His voice reached a slightly higher pitch than the last time. Mr.Stilinski chuckles, pats his son on the back before leaving the room.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"Your dad invited me to dinner."
"I know."
"Should we be concerned?"
Stiles bit his thumb. He then briefly explained how it was a normal occurrence to invite Scott over. Lydia then had to co-explain the difference between her and Scott, specifically how Stiles didn't stick part A into part B with him. She had a good point.
"O-okay but dress nice, use manners, ya know all the usual useless bullshit to impress him." Stiles told her and she smiled.

"I don't need to impress him. No one knows we're dating. Not yet at least." She grins, watching him visibly relax. The two had agreed that maybe coming right out with it would be a little sudden. Before they told anyone, they wanted to make sure things would work out. And holy shit did they work out. It had only been three and a half weeks but both of them had agreed on a full month of under the radar dating until they knew for sure they wanted to be an official couple to everyone.

"I brought brownies!" Lydia had greeted Mr.Stilinski by waving the pan in his face causing the man to laugh and Stiles to stumble downstairs at the sound of her voice.
"You didn't have to bring anything." The man says, stepping aside to allow her in their home.
"Um, yes. she did. Her brownies kick ass." Stiles licks his lips, already offering to take the dessert to the kitchen but Lydia smacks away his greedy hands. Once they were out of view, he pulled her close with a smile and a peck to her lips, telling her how glad he was that she'd come. "Wouldn't miss it." She replied with another kiss before separating just as the sheriff had come in.

"So." Mr. Stilinski had cleared his throat midway through his meal causing Stiles to stop twirling his spaghetti around the fork. He had been waiting for this the whole dinner because if he knew his father (and he did like the back of his hand), then he knew this was no ordinary meal.
"Brace yourself." He whispered to Lydia who rolled her eyes. It couldn't be that bad.
"I heard you both the other night..." The man dives right in. Stiles gulps.
"You mean the other night when you were working late?" He asks, Lydia staying silent while still some how managing to eat her food.
"I got off earlier than expected." The sheriff confirms.

Stiles' fork clatters to the plate and he sits back in his chair with a flushed face. "Oh my god."
Lydia was still silent and the boy wondered how she was being so calm about this.
"And I found a condom in the bathroom trash. So I know you two are being safe,"
"Dad." Stiles tries to interrupt, glancing nervously at Lydia who seemed almost completely fine. Her cheeks were tinted slightly pink unlike his; tomato red.

"But I just wanted to make sure and–" Mr.Stilinski continued.
"Dad, please stop."
"I know this is completely out of line but–"
"if you ever want me to have a healthy relationship–"
"I need you two to understand the responsibilities of having a child."
"There it is." Stiles lets his forehead fall against the table with a loud bang that almost makes Lydia want to laugh. But instead she gives a small snicker, placing her hand on his back in a caring notion. There was no sense in hiding it now.

And as if this wasn't already embarrassing enough, he left momentarily and came back with a present or two. Now Lydia was embarrassed.
"Now I didn't know what size." There on the dining room table next to his fathers plate of spaghetti were two boxes; one labeled large and the other extra large.
"Seriously?" Stiles felt he might puke. Sure he had had the talk before with this man, even did the whole condom on a banana thing but this was completely different. Not only were they discussing this with his girlfriend but the man had bought him condoms. All Stiles could think about his how every time he used one he would get flashbacks to this very moment. That's not a very appealing thought.

He was beet red, one hand threading through his hair the other on top of where Lydia's rested on his thigh.
"You don't want it to cut off the flow but if it's too loose then you could lose it." He explained.
"Oh. Mygod." And if that wasn't bad enough.
"He was kind of small as a kid." He had looked Lydia straight in the eye and Stiles felt himself begin to sweat.
"DAD."
"But the one in the trash was large."
"DAD. PLEASE. STOP NOW."

And Lydia finally lost it, cackling while letting her head fall to Stiles' shoulder. But he was still so undeniably embarrassed, gripping the girls hand for dear life and there was no doubt in the sheriff's mind that they were in love and very responsible. But the man needed to have a little fun every now and then, There was nothing very good on tv.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

Suggested by @Jayster1738 THANK YA!! As for news on toxic waste, be patient! Idk when I'll post the first chapter but very soon😋
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe