3. Not Jealous

Lydia was not a jealous person. Never has been, never will be. She didn't even know the definition of the word.

That was until Malia Tate showed up.

She wasn't jealous of Malia, not at all. Lydia could top that girl any day of the week. She was more jealous of what the coyote had. More than once Lydia scolded herself for liking the boy and she was absolutely devastated when she'd seen the two together.

"Stiles." Lydia tastes the name on her lips, looking around the hall to make sure no one had heard her. It had been three whole days since caramel eyes had met emerald ones. And she hated it. And goddammit was she jealous of Malia. "Stiles." She says his name again, a small smile appearing on her lips.

"Sti-" she's cut short as she rounds the corner, bumping into– "Stiles! Sorry, I didn't see you there..." Because that wasn't a cliché thing to say. He smiles, picking up a notebook that she had dropped while scratching the back of his neck.
"You're fine." He chuckles. She almost wanted to repeat the name again; she loved to say it just like she loved to look at him or be around him. Because she loved him.

But her expression obviously dropped as Malia appeared and Lydia prayed to God it wouldn't be obvious she was envious.
"Malia." This name was so different to say. Hers was bitter and almost in a biting tone while Stiles' was warm and an open heart.
"You going to the party tomorrow?" The coyote asks giddily.
"I'd rather die." Stiles raises his brows at her immediate, aggressive response. "But you two have fun making out in a closet somewhere!" Lydia throws a fake smile in for affect before walking off down the hall.

She tries to walk quickly in case someone were to follow her. And follow her is exactly what Stiles did, just like he had always done.
"Lydia, are you okay?" He asks after finally catching up to her.
"Why wouldn't I be?" She attempts to pick up her pace but he was right behind her. Stiles rolls his eyes though she can't see and grabs onto her forearm, pulling her off to the side of the hallway. Her breathing nearly stopped.

"Because as soon as Malia showed up you just kind of..."
"Kind of what?" Lydia bites. If he said the word out loud, she would surely kill him.
"Jealous." He smiles. The boy actually starts to grin causing Lydia to feel the sudden urge to punch him. She bites the inside of her cheek, shifting her weight to the opposite foot while examining his features. There was a clear smirk on his lips, one she wanted to kiss off. She was too familiar with the boy. She knew his hair was soft and untamed if there wasn't any gel in it. She knew how his bright caramel eyes darkened at the sight of her in a bathing suit. She knew how his hand felt wrapped around hers. But she also knew that knowing these things was not because they were together. And suddenly Lydia hated the word 'friends'.

"Do you like me?" Stiles interrupts her thoughts in a low voice.
She stands up taller, testing her boundaries. "What would you do if I said yes?"
Stiles smiles and looks around before grabbing her wrist once more and pulling her into a nearby janitors closet just as the tardy bell rings. As soon as Lydia was about to ask why he pulled them in here, Stiles' lips were on hers.

She was surprised but none the less immediately started to kiss him back.
"I hate seeing you with someone else. Someone that's not me." Lydia quickly admits upon separation. The boy lets out a breathy laugh.
"I know."
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

Requested by @AlphaLycaon_HP
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe