16. Stydia as Songs pt. 1

[DISCLAIMER: I would just like to point out, these are not at all how I interpret the actual song. This is just me twisting the words around so they apply to a certain Stydia situation. Aka don't get mad at me and comment "actually (artists name) meant that the boy didn't love the girl blah blah blah". Yeah? Yeah.]

Song: Too Good- Conor Maynard Cover
Original songs: Too Good- Drake & Needed Me- Rihanna (starting from "but baby, don't get it twisted")
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I don't know how to talk to you...

Things were definitely off balance. Suddenly they were no longer friends, conversations ended as soon as they had begun and the only thing they could really talk about was the supernatural ever since Stiles had started dating Malia. The two often prayed that the pack wouldn't leave them alone together or have them team up on a search. Stiles would awkwardly clear his throat, Lydia shifting in her spot repeatedly to the point where he would ask her politely to stop. The truth was, he made her as uncomfortable as she used to to him.

Because all of a sudden the roles had been reversed and she had fallen for someone out of her league. Silence had become a natural phenomenon between them.

I don't know how to ask you if you're okay.

He knew she was hurt. It was obvious when she seemed a little down at her locker in the mornings. But as soon as he approached she lit up so bright with a smile that hadn't been there two minutes before. Stiles wanted to ask her but before he had the chance, Malia had run up to him and wrapped her arms around his torso in a backwards hug. This often lead to an odd third wheel. The grin he gave her was no longer restricted to her but to this other girl as well

And her smile turned slightly fake as she pretended that she enjoyed the two together (she didn't hate Malia, they were friends. the coyote simply had something she wanted) even though, in honesty, Lydia knew she could do better. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't in the least bit jealous. But she continued the conversation as normal between the two. The bell rang, Malia ran, he looked at Lydia like a stray dog. He never questioned her soft frown.

My friends always feel the need to tell me things.

"She likes you." Isaac had whispered once in class, gesturing to the strawberry blonde half asleep in the back. Stiles looked at her over his shoulder at the mention until they caught eyes and she waved in greeting. It had happened more than once, mostly with Isaac but with the others as well; Kira, Scott, Allison, Liam, even Derek once. Mostly because everyone could sense it, supernatural or not, there was something there.

Kira had elbowed him in the middle of a lacrosse game, after he had finally been put up to play. (It was exciting, no longer sitting on the bench but a snarky coach Finstock had pulled him out when he refused to pass.) The kitsune nodded in the general direction of the bleachers and he looked over his shoulder, Allison and Lydia mid-conversation. At first, Stiles was confused, but upon further inspection he noticed what Kira had. A poster hidden slightly behind Lydia's legs that read his name and jersey number.

"She called me at three in the morning because she ran out of glitter." Kira mumbled knowingly as Stiles turned his gaze back to the field. He began to overthink as he normally does and realized; Lydia hadn't known he was going to play tonight. Hell, no one had known coach was putting him on the field. She made the poster regardless. And apparently all the others felt it was their civil duty to tell him that she liked him back, to tell him he should just go for it.