13. Season 6

"You can't just erase a person."

Liam was the first to go, he barely remembered anything. Malia was next. You would ask her questions and she would think before responding with "I can't remember" before freaking out.  Scott was almost pathetic to watch, desperately trying to cling on to any piece of his best friend he had left. It had been two weeks and already, Stiles was fading. But back to the present.

Once they had figured Stiles was next, immediately tons of research ensued. They spent every living hour of their life at the library, reading the same books day in and day out until the words blurred together. The night Stiles was taken, himself and Lydia sat in the back of his jeep waiting for Scott to come out of library and he'd broken to her quickly. He'd told her how he was going to lose his best friend and how he couldn't go through that again after Donovan.

The world came crashing down momentarily until Lydia grabbed his hand reassuringly. She was the sunshine in his storm and he couldn't lose her either. Leaning forward, he connected their lips. He had forgotten how good it felt to kiss her so he did it a second time, a third. The sound of a horse whinnying broke them apart, glancing out of the front windshield into darkness before turning back to each other.

"You'll forget me." He told her, because he was sure of it.
"I won't." She promised.

That night they fought back, tried everything in their power to protect the human and they had regretfully lost.

And a few days later, Lydia had found herself on the Stilinski's front porch in the brink of tears. The Sheriff immediately allowed her inside with a hug. Because she was a part of his son that he was desperate to hold onto.
"You can't just erase a person." Her voice strained as the man handed her a mug of something warm she didn't really intend to drink. She thanked him none the less.
"I couldn't sleep last night. Halfway to the kitchen I stubbed my toe." He paused briefly. "On an aluminum baseball bat. Without thinking I called out a name."

Everything started to hit her at once. What would it be like when she remembered him and no one else did. Would they call her crazy for knowing someone they thought she made up? Lock her up in Eichen again for remembering a part of their lives they couldn't?

Lydia looked up to the man. He seemed almost distraught and she found he had the right to be; if they couldn't retrieve his son in time, he will have lost everything, everyone; both wife and son.
"Stiles." Lydia answered and he nodded.
"It took me a minute to actually realize why I had said it, like the last two pieces of a puzzle that are supposed to fit but I can never quite get together." The Sheriff said. And there was nothing Lydia could say back. So instead she talked about him.

She talked about him for what seemed like hours, telling stories that made his father furrow his brows at times but overall made the man smile. After a while, she asked to see his room to which he nodded and cleared his throat. Lydia felt nauseous, his scent almost overwhelming as soon as she had opened the door and she almost dropped to the ground right then.

Immediately she made her way to the board of red strings lining one wall and searched it in an attempt to figure something, anything, out. But nothing made sense. She muttered under her breath while straining to connect what he had lined up. But the more she tried, the more frustrated she became until finally she let out a frustrated yell and fell to his bed. And it was too much for her to handle. So she cried and held the sheets that smelt so much like him and she almost laughed at the fact that she was oddly smelling his sheets and how if he was here he would've made some sort of embarrassing statement towards her.

You'll forget me. She heard his voice in her head. She replied in a whisper: "I won't."
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

Requested by @Kaiyacross from a while ago, sorry I just now got it up but this took some thought!!
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe