55. Winter

He smiled softly, brushing a snowflake from her rosy cheek. A laugh erupted from her lips and she buried her face in his chest.
"It's so cold!" She squealed.
"No shit." He chuckled and suggested they go to a cafe for some hot chocolate. They longed for the warm air for spring, frankly quite tired of slipping on sidewalks and surprise snowballs. On the other hand, Stiles found he liked the way the snow stuck to Lydia's eyelashes or how she clung to him for warmth more often than not. Once, she had even zipped open his parka and snuck her arms around his torso. He had laughed and folded his jacket back around the girl with her still hugging him.

They entered the cafe shivering, kicking snow from their boots as well. He shed his jacket and led them to a table near one of the windows.
"Hot chocolate?" Stiles asked, pulling out a chair for Lydia to sit in.
"Yes, please."
He placed a kiss at her temple before going to the main counter to order their drinks. She smiled to herself, looking outside the window at the falling snow. Although she liked warmer months better, winter always held a special place in her heart. She loved the ice skating and Christmas decorations but most of all how vibrant her boyfriend seemed compared to the cool colors outside. He would smile a little wider and offer her something warm to drink at his house. It was her favorite thing to go to his home just to burrow her self between him and the blankets on his bed.

The clearing of a throat caught her attention."Two hot chocolates and," Stiles revealed something he held behind his back, "a chocolate molten lava cake for my girl."
She thanked him with a small blush at how he had addressed her and greedily took the cake from his hand. "So," Stiles sighed, "Christmas is in a few days, in case you didn't know."
"Are you trying to ask what I want or reminding me to get you a gift?" Lydia laughed.
"Both."
She was modest though and said anything he got her she would surely love which essentially made him frustrated. He was usually good with gifts but this year wasn't entirely sure he knew what she wanted. The job was much easier if she just told him what she wanted. By the end of the night Lydia practically smelled like cocoa and Stiles couldn't help but steal a kiss or two to taste the chocolate and peppermint on her lips. They waded through snow, stomped on ice to create a crunching noise and ended up at his house because it was closer.

"Hey, Dad." Stiles shivered and Lydia squealed, closing the door behind them to stop the cold from following them. Mr.Stilinski greeted them with a tired smile before returning to his work, spread out on the kitchen table. The teens shared a look. "Anything we can help with?"
The sheriff studied a file. "Does the abominable snowman exist?" He asked.
"No." Stiles answered quickly, talking Lydia by the hand to drag her to the staircase. He stopped, pursing his lips. "Maybe."
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

Okay, yes, I understand it basically never snows in California BUT JUST IMAGINE SHUSH. Also this was short and kinda sucked but as a Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays I'm about to update A LOT.
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe