38. Best Friends Brother

He made her toes twitch. Not out of anticipation but rather out of annoyance. Lydia and Allison were all settled into the couch to watch some sort of flick, popcorn between the two when her brother had bounded down the stairs and plopped himself between the two. Stiles Stilinski. Allison's adoptive brother and full time annoying asshole. Lydia rolled her eyes and nudged him with her shoulder to attempt to get him to move. But he must've thought it was a game, nudging her right back.
"Stiles quit, I'm trying to watch." Lydia grumbled. Allison shushes her.
"Stiles quit." He imitated her. Allison slapped him on the arm and told him to shut up. So he did (surprisingly fast). He didn't like to mess around with his sister though, she was a little frightening.

The movie continued with no interruptions for a bit until Stiles began to be annoying again. Questions started flying left and right about the dumbest things.
"Is her shirt more maroon or purple-red?"
"Why is his hair so short?"
"Wait, I forgot what she just said, rewind it."
Lydia stood in frustration and stormed off towards the stairs, exclaiming how she had to use the restroom. Stiles grinned and spread out along the couch where she had once been. With a stern tone in her voice, Allison commanded he go apologize, following it up with a threat. After a silent fight and couple of slaps to one another's bodies, Stiles groaned loudly and stomped up the staircase.

Expression relaxing once he was out of his sisters view, he gladly entered his room. Lydia locked the door behind him. "Took your time, huh?" She smiled and he stooped down to catch her lips with his. The two teens smiled against one another. Stiles walked her backwards towards his bed, falling together on the matters with eager kisses. He broke away and began to attack her neck, her hand weaving through his hair.
"I missed you." She whispered
"Me too. Great acting, by the way. I especially liked the eye roll."
"Do you ever stop talking?" She exclaimed. So he shut them both up by returning to her lips. She moaned a thank you, appreciating the way his hands outlined the curves of her figure. They kissed a few more times but with no intention of taking it any further than that.

You see, Stiles and Lydia were purely brother-and-sister mode ever since Lydia and Allison had met in elementary. He slipped a worm in her drink one day at dinner and had sworn him as an enemy and forced Allison to as well. As time went along and they began to grow up, Stiles was Stiles and Lydia was Lydia but their relationship was still of the sibling kind. Hell, the three of them always treated each other as siblings. Lydia's mother was away a lot, wherever and with whoever so Lydia spent a majority of her time at the Argent household.

One night, everything had gone wrong and she'd shown up at their home with tears she only intended to show to Allison. Unfortunately, Stiles was the one who answered the door. "Dad's on the late shift and Allison is God knows where with Scott." He mumbled, awestruck at how broken she was before him. She debated leaving. But she would rather find comfort in someone she hated than go back home. So she took him by surprise when she stepped forward and squeezed his torso with a fresh sob. He was unsure at first but adjusted and comforted her by feeding her his favorite ice cream and laughing at America's Funniest Home Videos. Lord knows how it happened, but they kissed. The next day she swore it was only because she was vulnerable. Until it kept happening. And both were too afraid to tell Allison.

Stiles brushed a piece of hair from her cheek. "We have to tell her. Today." He whispered. "But I kind of want to keep making out with you."
Lydia laughed but he was dead serious, his lips landing on her chuckles and ignoring her cute protests of stopping before they got caught.
"Where'd you guys go?" They heard Allison's voice at the top of the stairs. Attempting to sit up, Lydia quietly exclaimed how they needed to stop again, this time more sternly. But Stiles was still pecking at her jawline.
"Lydia's stomach was upset, didn't want to ruin your bathroom so she threw up in mine." He made up an excuse before returning to his task. Lydia pushed on his shoulders slightly right as Allison jiggled the handle to his room. Then knocked. "You're door is locked." Her tone was threatening.
"Must've gotten jammed, give me a second I'm holding back her hair." He called out again. Trying once more, Lydia swatted at his arm.

She supposed he liked the thrill, the possibility of getting caught.
"Stiles." She warned. He sighed and gave a grumble, giving in and stopping his actions but still hovering over the girl.

And then the door opened.

"Whoah, whoah!" Allison threw her hands up before immediately turning around, closing her eyes in an attempt to erase the image of her brother over top of her best friend. They stood up quickly with nervous stutters and blushing cheeks.
"Shit I told you!" Lydia punched his arm.
"Ow, what the hell!" And he punched her right back.
"'What the hell' is right! Stiles, why the hell are you all over my best friend?" Allison yelled. He rubbed the back of his neck, looking over at Lydia as though she might answer for them. But she stayed silent as well. It wasn't exactly the right time to tell Allison.
"Are you guys dating?" Allison asked for them.
"No!" They answered simultaneously.

This only confused her further. "Wait, so is this some kind of friends with benefits thing?"
"No, definitely not." Lydia answered this time.
"Then what are you?" Allison sighed, just wanting to know why they kept it a secret. Stiles and Lydia looked at each other as if neither really knew the answer.
"We're, uh. . ." Stiles began, still looking at Lydia as he answered. "We're testing the waters."
"What the hell does that mean?" Allison was furious and they could tell. She didn't mind the two being together. In fact, she secretly encouraged it. But the two closest people in her life had been hiding a major factor that she would have liked to know about.

"Okay Allison, I'll just say it. I like Lydia. Like, I like Lydia a lot. And I hope she likes me back. I know she's just as sorry for not telling you about us as I am but you can't stay mad. I remember when we were ten and you wanted me to kiss her so somewhere inside your cold lifeless exterior, there's a part of you that secretly wanted us to be together anyway." Stiles rambled. His sister pursed her lips and leaned against the door frame of his bedroom.
"Just," she paused, deciding whether or not to keep yelling or give in, "just don't do anything in my room." The girl grumbled.
"Absolutely not." Lydia confirmed.
"Or the guest room, I go in there to study some times." She pointed an accusatory finger at Stiles.
"You're a little too late on that one." He mumbled.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

My body is aching sos.
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe