19. The Phone Call

Lydia was a little confused

Lydia was a little confused. Stiles never called, he always texted but she picked up anyway.
"Hey . Whatsup?"
Stiles smiled on the other end and dropped his head to the floor. "Nothing really...just wanted to call and talk to you."

Lydia grinned widely and chewed on her finger, rounding the corner to go to the living room. "Well I was just about to sit down and watch a movie if you wanted to come over..." Her tone implied just a little more. He gave a laugh that was partially cough causing Lydia to furrow her brows. "You okay?"
"Fine." His voice was a groan and she didn't entirely believe him but he changed the subject to fast for her to think anything else. "Did you have a good day?"

"Stiles, you're acting kind of weird."
"No I'm not! Just tell me how your day was." He insisted. So Lydia sighed and went on about her day and how she went to the mall. She described the dress she had bought and promised to model it for him later. He bet she looked beautiful in it causing her to blush. A sudden and sharp pain shot through her stomach causing her to groan.

"Are you okay?" Stiles was the one to ask this time. Lydia nodded then remembered he couldn't see her.
"Just...banshee stuff I think. Come over as soon as you can I'll need all the hugs I can get." She tries to laugh it off. There was a silence on the other end. Her palms begin to sweat and the phone almost slips from her hand.
"I love you a lot, you know." Stiles spoke quietly after a while.
"I know, I love you too." He was really beginning to scare her now. The pain increased slightly and she gasped.

It was constant now. "Stiles, please hurry." There were tears in her eyes and he could practically hear it.
"Stiles? What are you doing? Who are you talking to?!" Someone, who sounded like Scott, could be heard through the line. There was panic laced in his words and Lydia stood from the couch, almost positive something was happening that she didn't know about. She clutched her side and bit her lip to contain a gasp from the pain.

"I just wanted to call Lydia." He answered weakly followed by several coughs.
"Liam get his other end." That was Melissa.
"Stiles what's going on?" Lydia asks frantically.
"How are you doing? Who's on the phone with you there?" That was the tone she reserved specifically for patients. Lydia began to search for her car keys when another wave of pain overcame her. She had to steady herself against a wall.
"Can't feel my legs." Was Stiles' only response, voice barely even there. There was more ruckus in the background that she couldn't really make out; commands from Melissa, responds from Scott but the pain was pounding so loud in her skull.

There was a stab in her abdomen and this time she did fall to the floor, whimpering simultaneously with Stiles. It snapped in her thoughts.
"Oh my gosh, Stiles are you hurt?" She cried into the phone.
"N-no, I'm going to be fine...promise." His words were shaking and this caused more tears from Lydia. She clasped a hand over her mouth.
"Give the phone to Scott." She managed.

"What? No."
"Stiles I love you so much you're going to be okay but please give the phone to Scott." She didn't want to leave him but she needed to know what was going on.
It was Scott this time. "Liam's trying to take his pain right now, we're almost to the ambulance." Where the first words she heard.

"What the hell happened!" She cried. There was a loss of breath, deeply she inhaled trying to gain oxygen and she felt light headed. "Sco..." She couldn't even manage, the phone dropping from her hand completely. He was dying, she thought. Shit he was totally dying. Lydia lay still against the wall, desperately trying to get air and everything in her sense told her to scream.

But that would mean he was gone. There was a crash from the phone and she could faintly hear Scott trying to tell her something. Suddenly, she gasped. There was air. She could breath. Stiles could breath. She picked up the phone again and held it to her ear.
"Scott?" She sounded so weak.
"He's okay, we've got him in the ambulance, he's fine."
Lydia sighed and thanked the literal heavens. And then she remembered something he'd told her once long ago. If you die, I will literally go out of my freaking mind.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

I DONT EVEN KNOWWWWWW.
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe
Ps. Drop some requests if you want!