54. Youtube

"The prank battle is finally nearing its end!" Stiles held his camera out at arms length, walking through his house to get to the living room where Scott was playing video games. "And in case you haven't been keeping up it is currently Scott and I losing with four, Lydia and Allison leading with five, I'll put the link to their channels below."
Scott scoffed and Stiles chuckled a little. He really did sound like a stuck up youtuber.

The pranks were getting more intense. It started out fairly innocent, toilet papering houses, plastic wrap on cars, but recently things had gotten a little intense. Fake break ins and planned out expulsion got more views than anything but it seemed like they'd already done everything.
"Scotty's here to help me brain storm and as you can tell," Stiles aimed the camera to show his friend in the midst of an electronic war, "it's going great."

"I actually have an idea," Scott paused his game and turned towards the camera excitedly. "What if you trick Lydia into thinking you like her, like you're obsessed with her?"
Stiles immediately turned the camera off, a glare in his eyes. "Dude, I do like Lydia."
Scott shrugged. "It'll be more convincing that way. It's just to see how she'll react."
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Lydia read the text message from her friend one last time before knocking on his front door

Lydia read the text message from her friend one last time before knocking on his front door. It was a strange request, a serious one at that and for a moment Lydia thought it might've been a prank but never did he text her with barely any context. The door opened, breaking her from her thoughts and the first thing she noted was that he seemed nervous. She hated to admit it but he looked damn good too; baseball tee, classic Stilinski khakis and messy chocolate hair.
"Hey." He smiled a little funny before letting her come inside. Subconsciously, she felt her camcorder through her purse, ready to pull it out at any moment.

She ventured further inside, towards the living room. Everything was different though. Just like some sort of cheesy rom-com, the floor was scattered with flower petals, candles were lit and the lights were dimmed lowly. There was no way he could be recording in this kind of light, she thought. Lydia turned around only to almost bump into Stiles. Her eyes widened at how close they were and even then he took a step closer.

"Lydia I–" he started but paused briefly to clear his throat. "I know we've only really known each other for like a year but I still remember the first time we met. Scott and Allison were doing a collab and they brought us along and it's been the four of us ever since. But I've always. . .I just really think you're something great."
She bit her tongue. In the back of her head she kept screaming, this is wrong, this isn't real. Even having an inkling it was all fake, her heart still fluttered. His hands were suddenly on her hips and all she could think about was trying to remember if he'd always been that tall.
"I might sound like a total bitch if I'm wrong but this is a joke right? This is totally a prank?" She spoke quietly though not sure why.

Stiles paused.
It made her nervous.

But then his lips stretched into a smile, a wide grin and he took a step back from the girl. "Damn, Lyds, you're good!" His voice cracked nervously and she almost laughed. Almost.
Instead she wilted a little as he walked away to retrieve the hidden camera. She couldn't help but feel herself deflate a little inside.
"Lyds?" Stiles called out to her, interrupting the disappointment she felt. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah, just trying to wrap my head around the concept." She chuckles nervously.
"Well it was Scott's idea. He was all, 'pretend you're obsessed with her' and 'build her a shrine' but I thought then it would definitely be a noticeable prank." He kept clearing his throat like some sort of nervous tick and honestly it had begun to bother her a little.

There was a minute or two where nothing was said, Stiles looking down at his camera and Lydia just standing there watching him. Why was she still standing there?
She sighed. "I have to go so, uh, I guess we'll talk later?"
He almost dropped to his knees right then and there when she tucked a strawberry blonde curl behind her ear. He was so foolish.

Nearly three days later and she was back on his doorstep.

Not because of a text he had sent or a video they had planned to make but because the boy was eating Lydia from the inside out without even knowing it. She couldn't keep her mind from picturing everything that had happened as a real event. Her hand shook as she knocked on the front door and almost immediately when he knuckles made contact with the wood she felt like fleeing.

He greeted her with a confused expression, a baseball tee and a camera in one hand. "Lydia?"
She felt the need to answer sarcastically but refrained. Her eyes shot to the camera and he took notice. Quietly apologizing, Stiles disappeared for a moment and returned without the device immediately sending Lydia into an explanation.
"Everything you said the other day just got to me and I know you were kidding but I like you!" She blurted quickly. He blinked, scanned her body for her own camera.
"What?"
She lowered her voice, shyly. "I like you."

There was a second where he thought he might trip on his way to her. It left his mind immediately when he captured her lips with his. His hands cradled her cheeks and he held her with a fragility she was completely unaware of and she never knew kissing Stiles Stilinski could be this good.
He pulled back abruptly. "Shit, shit that was a prank wasn't it? I'm so dumb, I'm so sorry, shit, I'm sorry."
"You really do like me?" She murmured, lips still tingling.
"I know, you're probably freaking out but every time I think I might tell you I never do, and now you know but it's not how I wanted it to happen and I wish I could've just–" Lydia was tired of hearing him talk, surging forward to kiss him again. She wanted to cry, his hands around her waist and his lips against her own and she could've sworn she was still shaking from the nerves.
He's confused when they finally pull away. "Not a prank?"
She shakes her head. "Not a prank."
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

YIKES THIS IS SLOPPY IM SORRY BUT I HAVENT UPDATED IN FOREVER.
Requested by @lmaolamp
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe