33.Folded Like Fabric

I don't know what to say, I was falling and you caught me slowly in your arms I lay.

"So we could watch Jurassic Park, Spiderman, or The Purge?" Stiles wiggled his eyebrows as if that would somehow influence Lydia's choice of trilogy. He leaned against the lockers next to hers as she shuffled with putting her books away, concentrating hard on her decision.
"Which Spiderman?" She asked.
"Toby McGuire." He scoffed as if it was obvious. Lydia hummed and slammed her locker closed, ignoring the flurry of paper hearts falling to the floor from the locker next to hers. Valentine's Day. She groaned out loud just thinking about it. Scott was running around with Kira, Liam was chasing after Hayden, and lord knows where Malia was off to. That left Stiles and Lydia. They had grown close these last few months, their slightly friendship becoming more of a best friendship and everyone seemed to noticed. The two practically spent all of their time together, whether it be working on school or solving cases or just watching movies like they'd agreed upon tonight.

"Lydia?" Stiles' voice interrupted her thoughts of burning anything red and pink.
"Uh, sorry, Spiderman is good." She smiled for a split second with her answer. But he noticed her discomfort. They began walking towards the exit, Stiles gripping the straps of his backpack and looking down at the girl who was gazing at the floor. He stopped her, a hand on her shoulder.
"You're okay about this, right?" He asked. "I mean, you didn't ditch some guy just to hangout with pathetic little Stiles, right?"
She smiled, linked her arm through his and continued to walk them out of the building and to the parking lot. Of course she didn't mind hanging out with him. In fact, she had nothing better to do.

Arriving at the Stilinski household she'd grown so familiar with, Lydia instantly molded into his favorite side of her. She was smiling and laughing at his little jokes that truthfully weren't all that funny. She brought him snacks, pulling a blanket around her body while following him around the kitchen as he made them popcorn and milkshakes that had too much ice cream and not enough milk. He loved her curly hair and how she became a few feet shorter once her heels were off. They ignored all thoughts of the date, didn't mention the texts from Scott and Kira inviting them to some Cupids party, and most definitely didn't turn on their phones to sneak a glimpse of annoying posts about boyfriends and teddy bears. No they treated it like any other night: curled into each other's warmth on his couch with food surrounding them like a barrier to the outside world.

In the middle of the second film, The sheriff entered with a sigh, taking off his badge and belt of tools and setting them on the dining room table.
"Hey kids," he said in a tired voice.
"Hi Mr. Stilinski."
"Yeah, hey Dad." Their greetings overlapped, too invested in the movie and shoveling popcorn in their mouths. He chuckled at the two, noticing how Lydia was halfway into the boys side and how his arm draped across her shoulders to hold her close.
"Sorry to interrupt your date." He mumbled before heading upstairs to his room. But only Lydia seemed to catch the statement. She perked up, glancing back at the stairs before looking at Stiles. He was too focused on whatever action scene was happening.
"Stiles."
"Hm?" He turned his head in her direction but left his eyes on the television. Rolling her own eyes, she paused the movie, earning a groan from her friend.
"Your dad thought we were having a date."
He shrugged. "So what? It's Valentine's Day and you're at my house. Besides, Lots of people think we're dating." He reached for the remote but she pulled it out of his reach.

"People think we're dating?" It's the first she'd ever heard of this. She said it softly, with wide green eyes and pouting lips. Stiles forced himself to swallow, mouth feeling dry.
"Well, yeah." He didn't know what else to say. She'd be lying if she said she never used Stiles as a fake boyfriend to steer away crushing boys.
"Like who?"
"Like the whole lacrosse team. . ." He admitted. "Scott, uh, Scott likes to make fun of me and the other guys get the impression that we're dating."
She was still a little confused. "And why would they get that impression?"
"Well. . .cause when Scott makes fun of me it's usually about me liking you." He avoided her gaze, choosing instead to pull loose threads from a throw pillow. She stared at the blush on his cheeks, the way he had told her so casually but so embarrassed. He sighed and tried to play it off as though he hadn't just said he liked her. "It's stupid, really." he chuckled but it sounded forced. Lydia was making him more nervous by not saying anything, not to mention the fact she hadn't stopped staring at him either. "You're scaring me, can you stop?" He mumbled and tried to reach for the remote once more but Lydia had other plans.

She kissed him, slow and soft because she was falling for him but he had caught her on the way down. They separated, emerald eyes washing over caramel.
"Maybe we could try that again." He suggested, a whisper off his lips before they met her own. Smiling, he felt her leg slide over both of his until she was straddling his lap. And they were kissing. He felt his heart swell and thump because he was finally kissing the girl he seemed to swoon over everyday.
"Great movie, isn't it?" The sheriff's voice suddenly filled their ears. Lydia fell off of Stiles' lap with a scream, hitting her head on the coffee table before landing on the floor.
"DAD!" Stiles exclaimed and kneeled on the ground, helping the girl stand as she held the back of her head.
The man chuckled. "What, I can't walk through my own home? So sorry Lydia, I'll get some ice."
"It's fine Mr. Stilinski." She blushed but the man was already pulling an ice pack from the freezer. He offered it to her with a smirk and she took it with a sigh, leaning against the kitchen counter before placing it on the already growing bump.

"Next time, make some noise before you enter a room." Stiles suggested to his father.
"Next time, don't make out on my couch." The Sheriff countered.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

Falling and you caught me- Folded Like Fabric
10/10 recommend Folded Like Fabric. They're SOOOO good!
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe