f o u r t y - s i x

•Jack's POV•
•Monday afternoon: 1:25 p.m.•

I woke up to an empty bed, meaning that Ava already left to her dance studio. She always leaves at one, I missed her by 25 minutes. Today wasn't going to be a busy day for me since Johnson and I were going to take the day off.

I get up and walk into the restroom to find a sticky note on the mirror, I love when she leaves me these little notes. It said:

'Going to be at the studio for most of the day, love you my baby Gilinsky'

I smiled to myself kissed the note and put the sticky note back on the mirror. I brushed my teeth and decided to stay in my joggers shirtless, no one was home either way. It's only Ava in this house, for now.

I walked out of the restroom and into our room and grabbed my phone seeing I had one unread message from Matt.

Matt:
Hey just thought you should know, I took Ava to her dance studio today because Ash couldn't pick her up so I took her.

Me:
Alright thanks Matt, hey can you and Johnson come later to help me make dinner for Ave's?

I went to the kitchen and poured myself a bowl of cereal. My phone buzzed getting a message from Matt.

Matt:
Yeah sure what time do you want us to go over?

Me:
Uh, 5:30 I need to go buy some food right now.

Matt:
Alright we'll be there to help you out, do you want us to pick Ava up for you when dinner is ready?

Me:
Yes please, thanks.

Matt:
No problem.

I put my phone on the counter and continued to eat my cereal, once I finished I went to my room and pulled out a plain white shirt with black pants and my black vans along with a white hat. I took a quick shower and got out wrapping a towel around my waist. Once I changed into my clothes I towel dried my hair and walked out of my room grabbed my keys and phone. I locked the house and made my way into my car.

Once I got to the grocery store I wasn't sure what I was going to make for tonight but I had to buy something. So I ended up buying pasta, chicken, alfredo sauce and some seasonings I had no clue if I'd use. I also bought some things to make a caesar salad with which I know she loves. When I took everything to be checked out the lady that was checking me out gave me a funny look.

"Special night?" She asked.

"No just making dinner for my girlfriend no special occasion," I smiled.

"We need more men like you," She smiled, "No man makes food for their girlfriend unless its a special occasion or they want something out of it."

"Oh no, I just wanted to do this for her since she always makes dinner I want to give her the night off," I said as I took out my card.

"How sweet," She smiled and took my card to pay for everything.

"Here's a secret, when you make the pasta make sure to add a bit oil in the water when you are boiling it and also when the pasta is ready before adding the sauce put some salt, butter, and some cream cheese to add a nice texture," She smiled to me handing me my card and receipt.

"Thanks for the tips, I'm sure going to do that since I barely know anything about cooking," I smiled.

"No problem, have a lovely dinner with your girlfriend," She said as I started pushing the cart.