f i f t y - t h r e e

•Ava's POV•

I thought that this short camping trip was going to suck, but I honestly love that we did it. Not only did I get to spend time with my family but Jack and I got closer.

We had just gotten back from the trip and were back in the house. We weren't going to unpack since Jack and I were leaving tonight.

"I'm going upstairs to shower," I told Jack.

"Okay, don't take to long," Jack smiled as he kissed my forehead.

I walked upstairs leaving Jack with my parents and Dylan.

I took a fast shower since I didn't want to torture Jack with my parents. I slipped on my bra and underwear and then put on a big shirt with shorts. I grabbed some fuzzy socks and slipped them on.

I grabbed the brush as I made my way out of my room and started to brush my semi wet hair as I started to make my way downstairs.

I stopped when I saw Jack talking to my parents, and only my parents. I wonder what he's telling them.

I slowly crept down the stairs and sat down on a step and did my very best to listen to what they were saying. But just as I sat down they had finished talking.

Jack hugged my parents with a big smile and when I saw that he started to walk my direction I stood up and starting walking towards him.

"What were y'all talking about?" I asked Jack.

"Nothing. Uh- I'm going to go shower." Jack said quickly.

"Okayy..." I trailed off as Jack started to walk upstairs to the restroom.

I walked up to my parents when they were about to walk off but I stopped them.

"Where do you two think you're going?" I asked.

My mom and dad gave me a smile until my dad spoke up.

"No where," my dad said.

"Well what were you two talking about with Jack?" I asked.

"Nothing," my dad shrugged.

"Why are y'all saying nothing? Jack said the same thing." I said as I crossed my arms.

I looked at my mom who was avoiding eye contact, she can never hide anything from me. So if there is anyone to ask she is the one to spill the beans.

"Mommyyyyy" I smiled as I dragged out the 'y'.

"Avaaaa" She mocked looking at me.

"What was Jack telling you mommy?" I said innocently.

My mom looked at my dad and back at me.

"Nothing," my mom smiled.

"Mom!" I whined, "Tell me please!" I pouted.

"Your father and I have to go run an errand," she smiled.

Before I could say anything else my parents quickly made their way outside to the car.