Nancy Bobofit: New Year's

It was New Year's Eve, and I was driving to a party I'd been invited to.

It was a masquerade-type party, except it had to be something from 2015.

I was dressing in a costume of 'The Dress', the blue and black version, with a white and gold mask.

I arrived at the location, parked, and walked in.

I looked around, observing all the costumes.

I saw two boys, a short boy with black hair and a taller boy with blonde hair, covered in rainbow stuff. The black haired boy wore a skull ring on his finger and I heard him call the other boy 'Will'.

There was a girl dressed as Adele with a guy dressed as Bernie Sanders. Odd costumes, but at least they were trying to be different. Also, I could swear I saw a feather under the Adele wig.

 There was a pair dressed as Stormtroopers because of the new Star Wars movie.

One pair that stood out in particular were dressed as Claire and Owen from Jurassic World.

Before I could talk to anyone, the friend that I'd planned to meet here, Alexia, came up to me. She was wearing a white and gold dress with black blue mask.

"Hi!" she yelled enthusiastically. 

She gave me a big hug. "So, you see any boys here that you think are cute?"

"Kind of. I mean, I got here like two minutes ago." I reply.

"The blonde guy in rainbow seems cute, but I'm 99% sure he's dating the guy with him." Alexia says. "But the guy who's Bernie Sanders took of his mask and he's actually pretty cute too."

"What about the guy in the Crocs costume? Do you know what he looks like?" I ask.

"Nope, but I talked to him and he seems kind of nice." Alexia says. "What about the guy dressed as a Minion?"

"He's dressed as a Minion. I'm not going to talk to him." I respond. "And before you mention it, I'm not talking to any of the Trumps."

"What about the guy who's dressed as Owen from Jurassic World?" Alexia suggests. "He seems pretty cute."

"I thought he was with the girl dressed as Claire." I say.

"I'd say just go for it." Alexia responds. "The girl dressed as Claire has been talking to a Stormtrooper and Adele for the past 5 minutes and it doesn't seem like she'll stop soon."

"Fine. But if something goes wrong, it's your fault." I respond. "And, you have to talk to the Minion." 

"Deal." she says. "Now go for it!"

I walk up near him.

"I like your costume." I say.

"Thanks." he responds, turning to face me. "I like yours too."

"Yep. When I saw this WHITE and GOLD dress, I knew it would make a good costume." I said, laughing quietly.

He chuckles. "So how'd you find out about this party?"

"My friend Alexia's sister knows the person hosting it. You?" I reply.

"My stepdad tutored the person hosting it." he says.

"Cool." I say. "Where do you go to school?" 

"I used to go to Goode, but something happened recently so I'm not 100% sure at the moment." he says.

"Cool. I've decided to go the homeschooling route right now, but I might go back into public or private school." I say. "So... do you want to hang out sometime?"

"Like... as friends?" the guy asks. "I mean, we don't even know each other's names."

"No, like... well... you know." I say. 

"I'm sorry. You seem really nice, but I have a girlfriend. We can be friends if you want." he says.

"Okay. That's cool." I say. "So what's your name?"

"I'm Percy Jackson." he says. "And you?"

I froze. "I'm Nancy Bobofit." I say. "And I guess we probably can't be friends now."

Thanks a lot, Alexia.

[Idea created from a suggestion by @delaite2789]

It's New Year's Eve for me right now! Well, at the time I'm typing this.

Happy New Year or New Years Eve or [insert something here]!

Comment a character from past chapters and I can try and write another chapter about them, especially if you can give a little idea for what could happen!

It was a masquerade-type party, except it had to be something from 2015.  

-Meg