Ken Prince

I knew my day would turn out weird.

When I get a hunch, it's bound to have some truth in it.

Boy, do I wish my hunch wasn't so good today.

It all started during the week after all of us got ice cream at my uncle's ice cream shop.

Apollo started acting really weird. Michaela had noticed that he was acting weird at the shop, and he also acted pretty weird around Mr. Vernal. There had to be something fishy about this.

And no, it wasn't the cafeteria pizza.

...I might've stolen that joke from Michaela. Oops?

Regardless, I decided to try to talk to him. As I expected, nothing.

I had to resort to other methods.

I decided to invite him to my soccer game, along with the rest of the group.

They came, but we still couldn't get anything out of him.

I decided to invite everybody over to hang out and watch Marvel movies, since it was a Saturday. I set up popcorn, sodas, and candy in the basement. Though I'm an athlete and my dad pushes me hard to do my best and be the healthiest I can be, I get days when I'm allowed to splurge and eat junk food. Today was one of those days.

I sat in the living room of my house, which happened to be near the door. I sat on the couch, and played a game on my phone until they came.

Michaela was the first to arrive, which I was happy about. I got to hang out alone with her for at least a few minutes. I hugged her when she came in the door, and kissed her on the cheek. She walked to the basement with me, and she got first choice on her seat. I sat next to her.

Next to come was Alina, who was wearing all black, as usual. I told her how to get downstairs, and I heard her playing music with Michaela downstairs. I'm pretty sure she was playing the song 'Fruit Salad' by the Wiggles. Alina's... something, to say the least.

Next to come was Marcus and Maggie. Marcus had been over a lot before, so he knew the way to the basement. He headed down there with Maggie when I told him that's where we were watching the movie.

Apollo was the last one to show up. He was a bit late, but it was okay.

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" Apollo exclaimed when I opened the door.

"It's okay, man." I said.

He stumbled in, looking worse than he did yesterday.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"No- I mean, yes! I mean, no! Wait, yes!" Apollo stuttered. "What I mean is, I'm fine."

I knew he wasn't, but I decided to leave it be for now.

"Let's just go down into the basement." I say.

Apollo nods, and we head down.

Marcus and Maggie are sitting next to each other. Alina was next to Maggie, and Michaela was next to Alina. I sat down next to Alina, and put on the first movie we had decided to watch, The Avengers.

Apollo had decided to sit on a beanbag, grabbing a Diet Coke, but barely drinking it.

Even after the movie had ended, Apollo hadn't had much of his Diet Coke.