Kayla Manchester

(I've had some trouble do a PercyxJason one, so I'm going to do one that I haven't seen used much ship in fanfics.)

I sat behind the counter, waiting to help someone.

I worked at a Christmas tree place, and today was pretty busy, though it didn't look that way.

I was about to check the clock when a couple walks up, and a child with them.

"Hello!" I say cheerily, as you do in business. "I'm Kayla. How can I help you?"

"Our names are Gleeson,Mellie, a"nd Chuck. I'm Gleeson. We're looking for a great artificial Christmas tree." the man said.

"And some other Christmas-y stuff." the woman said.

"And candy canes!" the little boy yelled.

I giggled and grabbed a candy came from a basket behind the counter. I walked to the little boy and kneeled in front of the boy.

"Here's one to start off with!" I say happily, putting it in his hands.

"Yay!" he yelled, starting to peel it open. "Thank you!"

I look up at the parents, and they're both smiling.

"I can show you where some good trees are, along with the ornaments." I say.

I put a sign on the counter and directed the family to the part of The Garden Centre (the name of the Christmas tree place I worked at) that had all of the trees, and showed them which artificial trees I thought were the best.

I stood off to the side as they selected their tree.

I decided to make sure everything was organized in the area, not wanting to look stalker-ish.

After about 20 minutes, they come over to me, an artificial tree box in hand.

"You've decided on which one you want?" I ask.

"Yep!" Chuck yelled, sucking on his candy cane.

"Can you show us some ornaments?" Mellie asks.

"Of course I can!" I say cheerfully, leading them to our ornament section.

They pick out some boxes of ornaments and a bunch of random special and personalizable ones. Yes, personalizable is what I'm using.

"Candy canes?" Chuck asks.

I nod happily and lead them to our vast selection of candy canes.

Chuck picks out a package that his parents deem okay.

I walk with them back to my check out counter and they pay for everything.

"Have a nice day!" I say.

"You too!" Mellie says, grinning.

They walk out the door.

What a nice family. I wonder if I'll see them again.

Sorry it's been so long since my last chapter!

I've been really busy with school, basketball and other stuff.

*dodges flying holiday cookies*

I need some more ideas for how to either do a chapter or just a chapter idea.

"And candy canes!" the little boy yelled.

-Meg