Kayla Manchester-Percabeth Edition

It was the day after I'd met little Chuck and his family when a family walked up to my counter.

The family was made up of a man, a woman, and two kids, one that looked about 7 and one that looked 13.

"Are you Kayla?" The man asks.

"Yes?" I reply, kind of startled. "Why?"

"Don't be worried." the woman says. "He asked you weirdly. We know a family that came here yesterday that said you were a big help, and we were wondering if you could help us."

"Of course!" I reply. "Now, this'll sound weird, but I like knowing t costumers names. It just seems to make my life easier."

"Well, I'm Percy." the man says.

"I'm Annabeth." the woman says.

"I'm Zoë." the seven year old looking kid said.

"And I'm Luke." the thirteen year old looking kid said.

I nod, showing that I heard each one of them.

"Can you show us the candy canes first?" Zoë asks, but I'm not sure who the question was directed to. "Chuck let me have one and they were really good."

"We've agreed we're getting our candy canes last, Zoë." Annabeth said.

I pull one out of my pocket. "But would it be okay if I gave her one now?"

Percy nodded, and I handed Zoë the candy cane.

I lead them around, until we finally get to the candy cane section.

Zoë eyes all the candy canes, but Luke sits there bored.

"You know, I have a younger brother that's your age." I whisper to Luke. "He's working in the section that has all the kid stuff. Go there and ask for Kyle Manchester."

Luke tells his father, who nods. Luke runs off.

The reason that a thirteen year old was working here was the same as mine, a seventeen year old. Our parents owned the place.

After they'd been here for about an hour, my parents had become reasonably good friends with Percy and Annabeth. Also, Luke had gotten a part time job in the kid's section with Kyle.

Today was a good day.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 200K VIEWS

IM GOING TO DO AT LEAST ONE MORE HOLIDAY CHAPTER AND I HAVE A CUTE IDEA FOR A CHRISTMAS DAY ONE

I pull one out of my pocket. "But would it be okay if I gave her one now?"

-Meg