Nick Carl

"Leo?" I said, trying to get him to wake up.

Leo's head popped up from his desk. "Sorry dude. Didn't get too much sleep last night."

"Luckily, this block is almost over, and we can get to lunch." I whisper.

"Mr.Valdez, Mr.Carl, quiet down." The teacher snapped. "This is a math class, not a social event."

"I'm sorry, ma'am." I say.

The teacher excepts us to respect her at a high level, so we call her ma'am.

I really hate this teacher.

RING

Yay! The bell!

Leo and I stand up and rush to lunch.

I get in the lunch line. The food sucks, but it's still food. I just try to eat around the brown parts.

Leo and I sit at a table with a couple of our other friends: Noah, James, and Liam.

"So... You guys wanna come to my house after school today?" Liam asks.

Everyone except Leo replies yes. Leo is asleep.

"Leo. Wake up." Noah says.

He doesn't wake up.

"Leo Valdez. Wake up." James says.

He still doesn't.

A girl from the other table that was most likely a new girl walked over from the table next to us.

"Let me give it a try." the mystery girl says.

"You're not going to be able to do it." Liam says.

"I think you're going to be wrong." She replies.

She whispers something in Leo's ear, snaps her fingers, and he wakes up.

"Woah." James says.

"How'd you do that?" Noah asks.

"Leo can explain." the girl says, sitting down next to Leo.

"This is my girlfriend, Calypso. She was going to start school here tomorrow, but I guess she started today." Leo explains.

"And I'm glad I did. Drew kept on want me to wear a bunch of makeup and fancy dresses." Calypso says. "Seriously, shirts and pants are way more practical!"

Leo nodded in agreement, though I know he didn't know that much about makeup.

Calypso stays at our table, and we all talk until the bell rings.

"What do you guys have next?" Calypso asks.

"Science with Mr. Atman." everyone in the group replies.

"Cool! I have that too." Calypso says. "Can I walk there with you guys?"

"Of course!" Leo responds.

And none of the rest of us decide to object.

We all walk out to go to our next class.

CALEO CHAPTER FINISHED!

What ship should I do next?

:)

Yay! The bell!

-Meg