Alina Zachary

Being asexual is hard sometimes.

First, there's all these jokes people make. 'Does that mean you can reproduce with yourself?' and stuff like that. I mean, yes, I can, but that's none of your business.

Second, no matter how many times I tell certain boys 'no', they'll just tell me it's a phase or something. Like... no? You don't know me? Leave me alone, please.

Lastly, there's the guy Apollo. Man, does that kid annoy me. I mean, being a mythology geek, he definitely has a cool name. But other than that, I practically hate the guy. He's a huge flirt, has a gigantic ego, and didn't think the picture I showed him of my cat was cute! That guy has some problems.

It was lunch, and the only person in my group of friends who had the same lunch time as me was Ken. He was over with a different group of friends, a group of guys. I knew Apollo had this lunch too, but I didn't think much of it.

I was playing a game on my phone when Apollo walked past my table.

I expected him to go sit with Ken, but that wasn't the case.

No, he turned around and sat right across from me.

I continued to play the game on my phone.

"Hello?" Apollo says, trying to get my attention.

I have to mention, I can keep a very good poker face.

This went on for about five minutes. In that time, I'd beaten three really hard levels on my game, and eaten an apple. After that, I decided that I was done annoying him. Well, at least for now.

"Oh, hi." I said, a hint of sarcasm on my voice, as

"What?" Apollo asks, noticing the sarcasm.

"Nothing." I respond, restraining a laugh. "So why'd you decide to sit here instead of with Ken?"

"Like, at least two of the kids over there despise me." Apollo explains.

"I'm not too surprised." I mutter under my breath.

"What?" Apollo asked, looking up from an apple he was examining.

"Oh, nothing." I responded. "I just said that sucks."

"I know, right!" Apollo exclaimed, then shortly after taking a huge bite of the apple.

Man, that dude has a short attention span.

"So, are you named after Apollo from like Greek mythology?" I asked.

He somewhat choked on his apple bite, and had to swallow it before responding. "Umm... yes! Why do you ask?"

"Because I've always liked Artemis better than Apollo." I reply, grinning.

"Burn!" Ken yells as he walks past the table to throw his trash away, hearing the whole conversation.

"I feel like I agree with her more." I say.

"My twin sister is actually named Artemis." Apollo says.

"Where is she, then?" I ask. "I haven't seen her around school."

"She's... homeschooled!" Apollo replies. "By our dad!"

"Who? Zeus?" I ask with a chuckle.

There's a thunderclap outside. I'm not too phased, but Apollo is.

"Let's change the subject." Apollo mutters quickly.

"What, are you a little scaredy cat?" I ask.

"Listen, Aryana-" Apollo starts.

"Alina!" I corrected.

"Okay, Alina." Apollo replies. "Maybe I am a little scared. You don't know my story!"

"I just didn't expect someone like you to be afraid of a little storm." I comment.

Apollo rolls his eyes. "I'm not always this confident and good looking!"

"You mean you're not always this confident?" I reply. "The second one's not true, that's for sure."

Apollo frowned. "Why are you like this?"

"A couple reasons." I state. "You're a flirt, which I don't like. You're loud, and I've got sensitive ears. Also, you didn't like my cat picture!"

"Oh." Apollo says in a somewhat quieter voice.

"Exactly." I respond. "If you toned it down and actually appreciated my cat, maybe I would be this way."

"I guess." Apollo grumbles.

"Also, I wanna meet this Artemis sister of yours." I mention. "If she's anything like the one from Greek mythology, I think her and I will get along great."

Apollo freezes up, then calms down. "Maybe something could be arranged. But not promises!"

I grin.

Before we could say anything more, the bell rings. We threw our trash away, and walked back to our classes.

At the end of the day, I met up with the usual group. Apollo, like before, met up with us.

"Okay, it's going to be a while before you can meet my sister." Apollo whisper-explains to me. "But you'll get to."

I nod, causing Michaela to shoot me a questioning look.

"I was asking if she could make me a soap for my sister, who's homeschooled." Apollo quickly covers up. "We were talking about it at lunch."

I nod in agreement. It sounded true enough.

"Okay." Maggie says awkwardly. "So is anyone up for ice cream after school tomorrow?"

Everyone replies with a variation of yes.

"I'll text you guys the details." Maggie says, before heading off to her bus.

One by one, everyone leaves to go home, until I'm the only one left.

Today was definitely odd. But honestly, it wasn't too bad.

I always say this, but I apologize for not updating! I've been having writers block for this story lately, so please bear with me! I'm trying to update as often as I can.

If there's something you'd want to have in the story, please PM me! I may need a bit of info from you depending on the idea.

You guys are awesome readers!

That guy has some problems

-Meg