Chapter 9

The next day i wake up before uri. I yawn quietly and slowly step through the bathroom in my room. I put on a tight t-shirt and tight black sporttrousers. Then i put on my trainingsjacket and comb my hair before putting it into a ponytail. I step in the kitchen and my mum is waiting for us with the food. Zeke is already sitting at the table with cornflakes. I say: "mowrning." Still a bit tired. "Morning." They both reply. I sit down and my mum places a bowl full of my favourite cornflakes in front of me. "Thanks mum." I mumble and then start to eat quietly. A few minutes later uri is up aswell and eats his toasts. "Zeke" my mum says "you have to be down in the pit in 20 minutes to pick a job and an apartement." "You are leaving us?" Uri and i shout at the same time. Zeke says: "look guys i'm done with initiation and am now a full member of dauntless. Isn't it normal to pick an apartment then?" "I guess, but don't forget us." I say sadly. He comes over and hugs me. "I will never forget my baby sister and brother." I smile and say: "good." He smiles as well.

20 minutes later we are standing in the pit. Zeke, shauna and four are in the front along with the other initiates. Max steps on the podium and says: "good morning. Today as their first act as members our former initiates will choose their jobs in order to their ranking. So four first please." Four steps up and type his jobwish on the computer. "Controlroom and initiate trainer." Max announces. Everybody is shocked because the first places always pick jobs as Dauntlessleaders. Four steps down and leaves. I wonder why... well whatever i think and focus my concentration back to the job picking. Eric steps forward and chooses dauntlessleader i shigh he is such an idiot, he will destroy dauntless. Well i can't change his job selection. Now zeke steps on the podium and chooses controlroom and initiate trainer. When he is back down i walk straight towards him and ask: "did you know that four wouldn't pick to be a leader?" "No. I didn't expect that at all..." "Mh maybe he thinks he is not good enough." "Yeah maybe." While we were talking lauren chose to work as a faction ambassador and shauna steps up. She chooses to work in one of the clothing shops. As soon as Shauna is with us we all leave. When we turn the corner i can still hear the announcement that claire chose control room. I think she has a crush on four. A propos four... where is he? "Hey Uri you see four somewhere?" "Nope. Maybe he went pack to the dormitory to get his things." "Yeah probably." I respond. We part and Zeke and Shauna go to the dormitory while Mar, Uri, Lynn, Jon and I walk to my apartement. Mar and Uri keep laughing all the time while Lynn trots behind us as grumpy as ever and jon and i walk in silence. When we reach my apartement he says: "i have to go. I euh promised my mum to be back as soon as the ceremony is over." "Oh ok." I want to kiss him but he already turned around and walked away. I stick out my tounge at his back and follow the others inside.